Monday, October 23, 2017

While My Paintbrush Gently Weeps

Well, not really.

But here's what I've been doing the last couple of months. Painting with oils gives me a lot of joy, especially when something turns out halfway decent. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?
















This last one is a collage of paintings, of sorts. I got inspired to paint the ocean after our Turks & Caicos trip earlier in the year.  The ocean surrounding the island has a blue-green color that is spectacular. I mixed colors for hours, trying to find that perfect mix.  Not sure I did it justice, but when I look at this painting, I'm back on that island.  Then I surrounded it on my wall with some desert paintings.  This is my attempt at the desert meeting the ocean. It's a work in process.


'Till we paint again!

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

They're really good. I like the light glimmer on the peppers. Oil is challenging. Probably why I always leaned toward acrylic.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Lovely peppers

(I love red)

mshatch said...

I like the sea, and the glimmer of light on the peppers as well. I find doing art very relaxing.

Jean Davis said...

Those look awesome! I haven't done oil painting in years. I miss the smells. I have to agree with the others on the lovely red of the peppers. They really do pop nicely.