Monday, April 10, 2017

Spring Has Sprung in the Sonoran Desert

I usually post these photos to my Facebook account, but the desert has been so beautiful this year (thank you, Rain!) that I wanted to post them here as well.  Here are just a few pics from my desert hikes. (Click each image to enlarge.)

Beautiful yellow wildflowers surrounding a saguaro that's, surprisingly, still standing, given all of the little birds that like to burrow inside of it.  Each "arm" represents 25 years.

Octotillo looks so gorgeous this time of year. From a distance, the red flowers at the top kind of look like Arizona cardinals.

Pink flowers on cactus might be my favorite desert color.  So vibrant.



And, last but not least, some desert wildflowers, all purples and yellows.

Hope you are enjoying your Spring wherever you call home.

:)

5 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I do miss a hike in the desert...mostly I miss the mountains on the horizon.

(I think I'll pack for a day on the beach now to get over my nostalgic melancholy)

LD Masterson said...

I've never lived near a desert so I'm always just a bit surprised by all the beauty to be found there.

Libby Heily Author said...

I'm hoping to do a desert hike in the next few years. It would take some travel for me but I'm so intrigued.

Crystal Collier said...

Very beautiful. Thank you for sharing! I miss the wildflowers in the mountains where I hiked as a child--the little splashes of color against browns and greens. *sigh* Your shots took me back.

Deniz Bevan said...

So lovely, thank you for sharing!