Monday, February 6, 2017

Super Bowl 2017 Commercials

Until the second half of this football game, I was only in it for the commercials.  But then, wham, what a comeback by the Patriots...

Anyway, this is the only time of year worth watching television commercials. I always hope to see something new, creative, and exciting, especially when they spend a gazillion for a commercial.  Usually, most of the commercials disappoint--maybe because the expectations are too high?

I noticed that this year that the commercials were less about cute babies and puppies and more about celebrities.  More about cars and phones; less about Doritos and beer.  And what happened to the Clydesdale horses?? Did I simply miss them this year?

Here are my top 3:

1) Cam Newton. I thought his commercial was hilarious. He was selling Buicks. I think...

2) Skittles.  I thought that one was funny and clever and kind of gross at the same time.  But I laughed.

3) Melissa McCarthy and the tree-hugging.  Hilarious. I think she too was trying to sell a car in the end.

What were your faves?

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

No, there were no Clydesdales this year. Just a bad Spuds commercial.
I thought most were lame. I did like the one with Terry Bradshaw. And of course the movie trailer and ad for Stranger Things season two rocked.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

What's ironic is they said they were doing less celebrity commercials this year.

I really missed the Clydesdale horses this year. Those are always the best.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

The Super Bowl has commercials?

Oh. That's when I get up to refresh the nachos, and . . .