Monday, March 21, 2016

Keep Calm and Hike On

Luckily I can just walk outside my door and breathe in the desert and I am grateful for that every day.

Here are a few recent photos from recent treks in the desert around my home. 

Spring is such a great time of year for hiking because of the cactus flowers and all of the wildflowers.  My husband and I try to get in as many hikes as possible before the summer heat, although we still hike in the summer. Just not as often.

This is where I go to clear my head and sometimes I even get a story idea or two.  Or a line for a poem that's brewing inside my head.  But, sometimes, it's nice not thinking of anything and just...be.  You know?

Good times.

:)

5 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

ah...wet muskeet after a shower.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Very nice! I do miss living in the desert.

CA Heaven said...

Looks great.

I'm mostly a man for snow and ice, but I've had some great hikes in the hot and dry desert, when we lived in Colorado and on visits to Utah and West Texas. I enjoy the desert too >:)

Cold As Heaven

CA Heaven said...

Looks great.

I'm mostly a man for snow and ice, but I've had some great hikes in the hot and dry desert, when we lived in Colorado and on visits to Utah and West Texas. I enjoy the desert too >:)

Cold As Heaven

Jean Davis said...

So nice to see flowers. We're just getting the first crocuses of spring here. Looking forward to warmer weather and walks outside without big coats. :)