Monday, January 4, 2016

Got Resolutions?

I'm typically not a fan of New Year's resolutions.  Resolutions seem to be synonymous with failure.  I prefer to call them goals.  I know, silly.  But it works for me.  Here are a few of mine for 2016:

1) Paint more.
2) Write more poetry.
3) Travel more. (Three trips planned thus far for 2016)
4) Cook more.  (Translation: Less takeout; more home-cooked meals)
5) Disconnect more from technology.

Curious.  More seems to be a common denominator in my goals...

#5 was one of my 2015 goals and I think I had moderate success.  When I disconnect, I'm more productive. 

Hope you had a wonderful holiday! Wishing you health and happiness and more in the New Year.  Happy 2016!

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Wishing MORE for you in 2016!
I disconnected more last year. I admit, I liked it. Online every day isn't healthy anyway.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

smart, not to set quantitative goals *wink*

mshatch said...

Disconnecting more has definitely improved my productivity. I also got a coloring book for xmas which I'm really enjoying.