Monday, November 2, 2015

Random

Last week, it rained in Phoenix.

If that wasn't odd enough, I also saw these pretty discarded flowers in a parking lot.  That was odd too.  But also sad and intriguing and lonely and puzzling, but mostly sad.

And I started to wonder:  why would someone toss away such pretty flowers?  Could they have fallen out of someone's trunk or fallen off of someone's roof because, seriously, why would anyone toss away such pretty flowers?  Did I just miss some kind of blow-out, lover's quarrel in the parking lot?  Did someone just get a break-up text?  It was as though they were intentionally dropped there, right against the tree.  Inquiring minds...

They weren't the expensive, right out of the florist's window, kind of flowers.  They were more like the kind that you snap up from the grocery store checkout aisle, kind of flowers.  But, still.  They were pretty.

And they were discarded. In the rain.  And it made me kind of sad and I started to think about all of the possible scenarios and stories and my brain just started buzzing.

The sad stuff always inspires me to write, for some reason.

I left the wet flowers exactly where I spotted them, just in case the owner came back looking for them.

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Maybe someone died there and a loved one left the flowers on purpose? Yeah, that's even sadder.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

oh, so many scenarios. :O)

Misha Gericke said...

I also wonder about stories to sad and/or puzzling things.