Monday, October 12, 2015

Arizona Theatre Company: "Hershey Felder as Irving Berlin"

This post is for my Phoenix friends, my Arizona friends, any friends that happen to be passing through Arizona between now and October 25, 2015.  Run, don't walk, and buy tickets to see Hershey Felder as Irving Berlin at The Herberger.

I love local theatre and I've seen many, many plays at The Herberger over the years and Hershey Felder as Irving Berlin definitely counts as one of my faves of all time, hands-down.  I attended Opening Night in Phoenix on Saturday.

This one-man play is as much a story about the prolific composer Irving Berlin as it is a story behind so many of his famous songs like “Alexander’s Ragtime Band” to “God Bless America” to “White Christmas."  Hershey Felder doesn't simply play Irving Berlin; he becomes him.

Compelling personal story + wonderful music + great acting =  a memorable production. 

Loved it. 

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sounds moving and powerful. Sorry, wrong side of the country.
Bless Irving for writing God Bless America.