Monday, January 26, 2015

DVR Up

The DVR is set.  Two of my fave shows are set to start: The Americans and The Vikings.

Weird how I really love well-written period television shows but I don't often read historicals or thrillers.  If you've not seen The Americans, it is a thriller set in the 1970's about Russian spies living in the US; The Vikings is on the Historical channel and just so damn goodI even adore the music set to the opening credits for this show.  So hauntingly good.

Lately, as in the last few years, I prefer to read (and write) present-day contemporary stories.  Funny how my TV tastes and reading tastes differ.

Am I the only one with this affliction?

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

When it comes to television shows, I like a wide variety, and watch more genres than I read.

Karen Walker said...

I've never heard of these, Liz. Must check them out.

shelly said...

My heart belongs to The Walking Dead, Resurrection, and now 12 Monkeys.

Madeline Jane said...

I like to write contemporary, too but my TV is all over the place. I'm sure there has to be some weird explanation, right?

CA Heaven said...

I also prefer to read contemporary books in a contemporary setting for the time being. I read a lot of viking sagas (by Snorre Sturlasson) when I was young. I don't watch TV series.

Cold As Heaven

LD Masterson said...

I haven't been watching The Americans but I never miss The Vikings. The History channel has some great programming.

Tracy Jo said...

I will have to check these out, I've been looking for new shows to watch. Have you seen House of Cards or Broadchurch? Both really good. Happy 2015!