Monday, November 3, 2014

NaNoWriMoNoWayNotThisYear

I'm not participating in NaNoWriMo because I pretty much write every day, although some days more than others. 

I'm always in awe of those that do participate, though, because (1) November is typically a month on steroids in the Busy-ness Department and (2) Writing 50K words in a single month is a pretty ambitious goal.  That's a lotta words.

I've been busy writing short stories lately, trying to see if one of them puts their hooks in me hard enough that I'll want to turn it into a full-length novel.  I'm even toying with a horror story idea, which is something I pretty much thought I'd never do a couple of years ago.  But, it's funny how writers change over the years, isn't it?  I kind of like pushing myself out of my writing comfort zones and horror is definitely out of my comfort zone.  We'll see.

On top of reading, there's always a TON of reading happening here.  If you want to see what I've loved lately and compare notes, check out my Goodreads thread.  My selections were pretty much all over the map the past couple of months.

Are you NaNoWriMo-ing? If you are, here's hoping your coffee pot is working at full-strength.

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Horror would be cool. I've never tried it either.
No NaNo this year. Got way too much happening otherwise.

Karen Walker said...

Never have done NaNo. Probably never will.

LD Masterson said...

I've often said I'd love to try doing NaNo someday but why does it have to be in November. It's the start of the holiday season. Christmas shopping, decorating, Christmas cards and letters - if I don't get these at least started in November, there's no time to enjoy the Christmas season.

Oh well, there's no HoHoHo in NaNoWriMo.

SA Larsenッ said...

I hear you on NaNo. Every year I say I wish it was help during a different month. November and December are super busy for most people. Personally, three of my four kids birthdays are in these two months - no, we didn't plan that very well - plus all the get-togethers and holiday stuff. It's all too much!

Crystal Collier said...

I was NaNoing, but not anymore. Too much real life happening around here. I totally agree it's better to just have a daily routine rather than binge writing in a single month.

Unleashing the Dreamworld