Monday, April 14, 2014

This and That and Life Goes On

I lost another family member to Alzheimer's this month.  How I'd like to take that disease into an empty field and shoot it full of holes.  And then kick it where it hurts a few thousand times.  It's the cruelest of diseases but I know I've said that many times before.

Anyway, life does go on. 

The past few weeks have been crazy.  Lots of fun bookish things so that has helped lift my spirits.  But for writing and bookish things, I'm pretty sure I'd be lost. 

Here are a few things to share:

My e-novella You are Here released on April 1! It's currently being offered for free from the publisher.  Check out Amazon and Barnes and Noble and I'm sure it's offered in lots of other places too.  Choose your favorite e-place and go there and download and read and enjoy.  It's part of an anthology that's for a really good cause too. :)

Played was included as a Recommended Read in Glitter Magazine's special Prom edition.  Cool!

Finally, a bunch of my Phoenix writer friends alerted me to the fact that I got a sweet mention in yesterday's Arizona Republic which did a terrific story about YA writers in the Phoenix metro area and the awesome booksellers who are behind all of the support.  Hooked even got it's own pic--at least in the hard copy edition.  Sweet!

It has been a busy and emotional 30 days.  I'm looking forward to getting back to a normal writing schedule this week and returning to normal programming. 

Hope you have a great week! If you've got good news to share, please do so in the Comments below!! I'd love to hear it.

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Liz, sorry to hear of your loss! Prayers for your family.
Congratulations on the novella and the feature in the Arizona Republic.

Karen Walker said...

So sorry for your loss, Liz. It is a devastating disease. That's wonderful about Arizona Republic and what's happening with your books. I'd be lost without my writing, too. It keeps me sane and balanced.

R. Mac Wheeler said...

I wish you normal.

And good writing.

Danette Baltzer said...

Sorry to hear that there's been more unhappiness in your family. That's rough. Keep writing!!

Lexa Cain said...

I'm sorry you and your family have to go through that, but at least you had a bunch of good news to soften the blow somewhat. Congrats on all the good press! :)

Jane Jazz said...

Alzheimer's is claiming a lady from our family too; there's no dignity in it, is there, just the painful, inevitble decline.
It sounds as if positive things are happening in your life though, and I do hope they bring you comfort and lift your spirits soon.

LD Masterson said...

You know I feel the same why about Alzheimers. I'm glad you had some good stuff to balance the hard.

Tracy Jo said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I would help you with the beat down in the field. :-) Sending prayes your way. Congrats on all the good stuff too! Life's yin and yang. Have a nice weekend!