Monday, February 24, 2014

Reasons to Love March

This post will have nothing to do with books. 

It will have everything to do with two television shows that I am absolutely in love with, thanks to my brother who got me hooked on their first seasons last year.

First, The Americans. Have you seen this?! The second season is starting and it's about two Soviet spies who pose as a married couple to spy on the American government.

IN.TENSE!

Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys are both superb as are the rest of the cast.  It is a thriller on steroids and the writing for this show is stellar.  I cannot look away.  I love this show.  My DVR is set. I'm ready to dive into the new season.

Second, The Vikings. I am totally in love with this History Channel show.  It follows the saga of Ragnar Lothbrok and his band of Viking brothers and family as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. 

This show is brutal, unapologetic, beautiful, exciting--it's a great series.  I cannot wait for the second season to begin.  And the Vikings, man.  Wow.  Not a people or time period for the faint of heart.

I don't often get so hooked on television shows, especially series.  It's an investment in time and emotional energy.  Needless to say, I'm very invested in both of these shows and can't wait to see what happens next.

Bring on March!

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I want to watch The Vikings. As soon as I'm caught up on all the other shows!

shelly said...

I'm stuck on The Walking Dead. It seems to be the only one I have time for.

Karen Walker said...

For me it's Downton Abbey, which just ended Season 4 last night. Bummer - I'll miss it.

R. Mac Wheeler said...

My wife tried to convince me to watch Americans. But the premise didn't interest me. Eh. I watch too much TV anyway, I said.

But Vikings. We're talking history now. If it's only 1-10th accurate, I still dig it. :)

CA Heaven said...

I always look forward to March, because it's the start of the spring-winter, and the best part of the skiing season.

The history of the vikings in very interesting. Have you read the sagas by Snorre Sturlasson?

Cold As Heaven

Crystal Collier said...

I haven't see The Americans or heard anything about it until now. Sounds interesting.

Jane Jazz said...

Matthew Rhys is as convincing in the Americans as he was in Brothers and Sisters. Who'd have guessed he was Welsh?

LD Masterson said...

I haven't seen the Americans. My husband likes the Viking series so I've watch a few episodes with him but I think I need to go back to the beginning to get all the characters straight.