Monday, January 27, 2014

Write Like Nobody's Watching

I think it's easy for a writer at any level to get caught up in all of the other gobbledygook that goes with getting something published which, by the way, often includes your heart, soul, blood, sweat, tears and sometimes an appendage. 

This weekend I remembered when I used to write stories like nobody was watching.  Those were the days.  There's something to be said for writing for yourself, for the pure joy of it.  I think that's the way every story, poem, novella, memoir, song, script, fortune cookie, etc. should be written.

Need more convincing?  Watch and learn from this little girl.


9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's how I wrote my first book. Little tougher now though.

Karen Walker said...

Thank you for this - started my day smiling

Michael Di Gesu said...

SO cute...

Ah, those were the days...

shelly said...

I think I write every book that way.

Jean Davis said...

I'd love to be able to do this again. I wrote my first two novels that way. They weren't great, but man, was it fun.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Definitely takes the accepted routine and makes it hers and is having fun in the doing, lol!

I think each piece of writing brings experience and also a certain expectation. Like with jumping horses, the bar has to be raised and the pressure to do good raises accordingly.

Sia McKye Over Coffee

LD Masterson said...

Wouldn't you love to caption the thoughts of the little one on the end?

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

I love writing too. Sometimes I get easily distracted!

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Tracy Jo said...

So awesome. Such a great reminder to stay in that frame of mind. Have a nice weekend!