Monday, January 6, 2014

I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours

Happy New Year!

Inquiring minds. So what'd you get for Christmas?  Did you get any technical gadgets? A pajamagram (I hope not)? Coal? Ditto for the coal.

<==== See my pretty?? I got a Tablet!!!!!!  I really wanted a Tablet because I needed a device that could be my laptop and e-reader.  I really didn't want to carry around both anymore.  And since Tablets are now so small and handy, I don't have a need for an e-reader.  Besides, my second Nook totally took a nose-dive just before Christmas and I actually had to read actual old-fashioned books for two weeks.  It was brutal carrying around 2 and 3 books in my purse.  I much prefer my e-reader, and now Tablet.

If only this Tablet could make me coffee in the morning, it'd be worth its weight in gold.

I hope the holidays were good to you!

Happy 2014, all!

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

They do need to cook for us now, don't they? Glad you got the tablet you wanted! So did I - the new iPad Air. And it's so cool...

Nissa Annakindt said...

When my Kindle broke down I was in the middle of reading an exciting ebook.... And it took me a while to afford a new one.

I'm wondering what those new tablets are like. In a decade or so when they are old hat I will probably have one of my own.

Trisha F said...

I love my Kindle, and I am a Mac girl. But I still don't have an iPad, and don't really want one.

For Christmas I got an umbrella to stick in my outdoor table to provide shade.

Karen Walker said...

Our trip to South Africa was our Christmas present to ourselves. Enjoy your tablet. I still can't justify the expense for something I don't really "need."

shelly said...

I got a new Notebook and a purse.

Madeline Jane said...

Whoever thought of being able to rip the screen off a laptop and turn it into a tablet was a genius. ;) Like Trisha, I'm a Mac girl. I got a Mac for Christmas, but Santa and I had to split the price.

mshatch said...

That's a great present! I got some nice warm socks and a gift certificate to my local bookstore so I can lug some heavy books around ;)

Jean Davis said...

The tablet sounds handy! I got a new laptop devoted only to writing related things. My old one is now for work. The division is really helping me stay more focused.

Tracy Jo said...

That's awesome. Happy new year, Liz!!

Tracy Jo said...

That's awesome. Happy new year, Liz!!

Lexa Cain said...

You had to read actual physical books? Oh, the humanity...

Congrats on the tablet! That's so cool. I hope it brings you as much happiness as a girl can have outside of --! ;)