Monday, September 16, 2013

Geckos and Alex and Amy

When I was hiking in the Grand Canyon a couple of weeks ago, we saw these really pretty lizards with blue and green tails, especially near Havasupai Falls.  We'd never seen those before.  The ones we see in the desert are mostly grey or brown 'lil guys and they are so cute.  Anyway, if anyone knows what they're called or why they have the colorful tails, let me know.  They're not put-them-in-an-aquarium cute.  I prefer the little guys stay in the wild.  I'm just weirdly curious about them.

In other cool news, did you know that Alex Cavanaugh has released his third installment in his CassaStar space adventure series?? Yes, indeedy. CassaStorm, and it released on September 8.  This news makes my nephew very happy.  Check it out!

Finally, if you don't already follow Amy Jarecki, you should.  She wrote one of my favorite books called Koicto and just recently released another wonderful novel called Chihuahua Mama.

Amy is participating in the Romance Reviews Blog Hop Q&A and she's giving away three copies of Chihuahua Mama as part of the hop.  The contest is open through September 21.  This would be a wonderful opportunity to pick up a great book. 

To participate, click here.

I'm finally getting back to a regular blogging schedule and it feels good, though I'm in denial that we're already halfway done with September.  Hope to get around the blogosphere this week too and reconnect with my bloggy friends. I've missed you!

Hope you have a great week!

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thank you, Liz! Release day tomorrow is going to overwhelm me I think.
Not sure what the lizard is called.

Amy Jarecki said...

Hi Liz! Congratulations to Alex for his new release!! AND, thank you, thank you, thank you for posting Chihuahua Momma on your blog! I know the lizards you're talking about. I see them on hikes around St. George, wish I could help you with the type :-/

Trisha F said...

Lizards are cute. :) We mostly have geckos where I live, but you don't have to go far out of the city to find more "dinosaur"-esque creatures. I remember being in the Aussie desert back in 1998, driving at night, and being able to swear blind I was looking out the windscreen at a swarm of miniature veloceraptors in the headlights. ;)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Liz,

Great to see you!!!!

Love lizards... they are cute... Living in south florida for years, I've seen all kinds.

Even in vegas when I lived there..