Monday, June 24, 2013

Writing Spaces for HarlequinTEEN Authors!

So I contacted a few of my fellow HarlequinTEEN authors and asked them about their writing caves.  Inquiring minds had to know: where did they pound away on their laptops?  Ponder their next novels? Tear all their hair out when they were revising a manuscript?  Ask and you shall receive!  Here are some of the cool pics they sent to me...

Dawn Metcalf, author of the upcoming Indelible (July, 2013), likes to write her stories in this space.  Love all of the color-coded post-it notes, Dawn!
















Red-hot Katie McGarry, author of the awesome Pushing the Limits and Dare You To loves to write on this swing.  Gazing at this pic, I now have a sudden urge for sweet tea and one of Katie's books. Yes, please!




















Philip Siegel, author of The Break-up Artist (May, 2014) has a cool, urbany writer space.  Check out that bookcase! And I love that little blue lamp. Very retro.



Check out this funky writing space from Louise Rozett!  She's the author of Confessions of an Angry Girl and Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend.  Louise tells me she does much of her writing, standing up in the kitchen.  BTW, Ciobar is a thick Italian hot chocolate that Louise sips for inspiration.  Yum.  And I love the red hot chili peppers!!  A girl after my own heart...
















Here's Carol Tanzman's office!  Carol is the author of Dancergirl and Circle of Silence.  Love that window and all of the bright light!  So this is where Carol pens all of her awesome mysteries...




















Check out this cute space from Michelle Madow, author of the upcoming The Secret Diamond Sisters (March, 2014).  Michelle tells me she always writes on her bed, facing her TBR bookshelf, her little dog Cocoa by her side.  Such a cute little puppy!!




















I love Amanda Sun's screen saver!  This is her writing space below.  Love the color and whimsical touches.  Such a cute window too.  Amanda's debut, Ink, releases this week!




















And here's mine! Well, actually my writer space is wherever my laptop finds me. Last week it was in Fountain Hills, Arizona, not too far from my home.  I am most inspired to write when I have a great view of the desert.

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yours wins!!! Awesome desert view.

Jen said...

I love this!
I want to sit on that swing with Katie, sipping sweet tea and chatting about Noah, Ryan and Isaiah.
I want to hang out in Louise's kitchen while we look at pictures of would-be Jamie Forta's on pinterest,
and I *want* to stand on that balcony of yours, however, I am afraid of heights so I would probably be in the doorway. (with my eyes clenched shut) :D

CA Heaven said...

Yours is the winner. It reminds me of the view from our apartment when we lived in dry and hot (at least in summer) Colorado. Like you, I also write wherever my lap-top is, but usually it's in-door >:)

Cold As Heaven

Gwenyth Love said...

My son has the exact same desktop image as Amanda Sun! Very nice!

LD Masterson said...

Why are they all so neat? YA authors must be much neater than us crime fiction types.

Danette said...

I like your spot too! I love views when I write although I don't have a view in my writing room at the moment.

Morgan said...

What a FUN POST... loved all of the pics! And I have to agree, your view is AMAZING. :D

Sarah Allen said...

Yours is amazing! Makes me miss my native Utah. Love looking at other authors spaces :)

Sarah Allen
(From Sarah, With Joy)

Trisha F said...

There's something so very awesome about writing while on holiday somewhere! ;)

This was a fun read (watch).

Martina at Adventures in YA Publishing said...

Writing outdoors is something I would love to do more often. I need to go dig out the umbrella so that I can sit on the deck and enjoy the view. Thanks for the inspiration!