Monday, June 17, 2013

Vacation or Staycation

Craig and I just got back from a few days in Fountain Hills, which is just outside of Phoenix.  We stayed at a resort called Copperwynd that is smack-dab in the middle of the desert and it was beautiful.  Very quiet.  Lots of desert critters and beautiful sunrises and sunsets.  Of course, it was HOT.  But, then again, it is the desert.  We didn't have to travel too far to get there and yet it felt like a vacation.  It helped that the resort had a fabulous restaurant and spa.  We will go back.  Definitely.

I'm starting to plan a couple more getaways for August and September, which is about the time it gets so unbearably hot in Arizona and when you start to question your sanity and why you're living here in the first place.  But then September turns into October and the weather cools and you can open all of your windows and doors until June and you remember all over again why you wouldn't live anywhere else. 

What about you?  Planning any cool vacays this summer?  Let me live vicariously through you.

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We have a few one-two day trips planned. Sometimes those are just as fun as a long trip.
And I'd take the desert heat over our humidity any day of the week.

mshatch said...

I love staycations. I live on the coast of Maine and summer here is pure Heaven. On the other hand, like you, I often wonder in the winter why I am living some place where winters are unbearably long when I hate the cold.

Trisha F said...

I totally hate summer, and while I love winters, the summer never fails to make me wish I lived elsewhere. Like the Antarctic, for example. ;)

Glad you had such a nice vacation! Sounds like a beautiful spot.

LD Masterson said...

When he retires, my husband wants us to go the summers in the north and winters in the south thing. I think it has something to do with a game called golf.

Glad you had a good time.

Sarah Allen said...

Man, I am JEALOUS! That sounds amazing! We may be heading to Utah this summer, we'll see how that one goes.

Sarah Allen
(From Sarah, With Joy)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Liz,

Glad you had a fun few days!

Chicago is still COOL! I have never seen anything like it. We get one warm day and the bammm! COLD again.

I hope to go away to Niagara and Montreal again, but I don't know if I can swing it. All depends if my condo sells before the summer....