Monday, April 1, 2013

A New Everything

Easter was hard this year without my parents.  They were kind of like our glue for any family celebrations.  So, it was tough.

Craig and I made sure we had plenty to do with family and friends.  So, I wanted to share these wildflower photos with you taken in the desert the last few days during my usual hikes.  There's nothing more beautiful than coming upon so much color.  Lots of yellow and pink and green.  The desert is blooming. Spring has sprung. Life goes on.

And here's a quote that I thought was particularly meaningful.  Have a great week!

"Sorrow makes us all children again - destroys all differences of intellect. The wisest know nothing."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson



11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nice! The desert is far more beautiful than most people realize.

jblynn said...

I'm sorry it was such a rough day for you, Liz. :-(

Glad you found some beauty in it tho. Thanks for sharing.

Karen Walker said...

I love wildflowers so much. And you're right. In the desert it's spectacular. Still so sorry for your losses, Liz.
Karen

Jean Davis said...

It's great to see some color other than white and gray. Thanks for sharing!

Holidays are hard with major family changes. Then again, you just might find youself being the glue in someone else's eyes.

Heather M. Gardner said...

Thinking of you. Life does go on, but we never forget.
Flowers in the desert? That is truly beautiful.
Spring has not yet sprung here in NY. Waiting for days when I can turn off the heat and open the windows. I'm so tired of being cold.
In other news...Teen Wolf comes back on June 3rd, I heard. Maybe it will be longer than a half dozen shows this time! :)
Take care, HMG

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

I'm glad you found some beauty in the desert to lift your spirits. We've lost so many friends and family members over the years, and holidays always seem to make us think of them even more. And miss them. Even more. Here's a quote that helps me: "Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the candle because the dawn has come." [Rabindranath Tagore]

Deborah said...

Thinking of you Liz and Mary! Loved your quote and the pictures......

LD Masterson said...

Let the flowers, sringtime and Easter all remind you - you'll never truly be without your parents.

Deniz Bevan said...

You're right, that is an inspiring quote. Love the wildflower picks - I saw grass under melting snow for the first time today!

Trisha F said...

Great quote, though pretty darn tragic. I'm glad you were kept busy during the holiday *hugs*

LD Masterson said...

Hi, I'm stopping back by to ask you to come over to my blog when you get a chance. I'll left something there for you.