Monday, March 4, 2013

Final Book Tour Words from an Introverted Writer

Bailey, me and Brandi
Bailey from I B Book Blogging kindly wrote a wonderful summary of the Changing Hands Bookstore event held last Wednesday in Tempe, Arizona (with pics!), and thank goodness she did because my brain was pretty much mush by that point.  Click here!  And if you're not already following Bailey, you should be.  She is so genuine and loves books and she lives in Arizona. Win!

I love the Changing Hands Bookstore and it was a special treat (and very surreal) for me to be lucky enough to sign books there and finally meet in-person, Brandi, the children's book buyer for the store.  So many great people showed up--friends, old and new, my brother, and then some really cool folks who heard about Hooked, thanks to The Arizona Republic interview in the Sunday newspaper. The awesome news?! We sold out!

One of the things I stressed about most during the month of February and the weeks and months leading up to it was this: would anyone show-up to any of my events? Sugar cookies or not?  Would anyone ask questions or care? Fortunately all of my stressing and sleepless nights were for naught.  I was able to get my introverted-self to these bookstores and libraries and classrooms, say a few insightful things (I'd hoped) and meet a lot of great people.  The best part was meeting new readers and the people behind their avatars and online personalities. It was a blast.  I can't say that I'm ready to do it all over again right this very moment but next time I will enjoy it even more.

Now it's time to get back to work.  I'm working on a short YA story that is due in November that I'm really having fun with, along with finishing up the research and first draft of another YA contemporary involving a Hopi teen.  While it was fun to peel myself away from my laptop for a short while, it's time to get serious again about writing that next book.

Hi. How are you? I've missed you.  What are you up to?

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on getting yourself out there - and selling out! That must've been an awesome feeling.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

YAY, you! I'm soooo glad to hear your tour went so well. That should give you a nice burst of adrenaline to spur you forward with your next books. (Maybe next time you can come to Georgia? There's a few of us down here who can read... HA!)

LD Masterson said...

Hey, I'm really glad everything went so well. Congratulations again.

Pk Hrezo said...

So great to hear Liz! I saw the pics of you with Micahel di Gesu and you look great! Big congrats on your book!! And yay for a successful book signing!! :D

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Liz,

Glad you had such a SMASHING SUCCESS with the book signings. Nicki and I had such a great time meeting you.

Her new book comes out at the end of this month, so we are looking forward to that. She was kind enough to give me the EXCLUSIVE for her cover reveal at my blog this coming Monday, so I hope you have a sec to drop by....

CONGRATS AGAIN!