Sunday, December 2, 2012

Baby Faces Blogfest!

This blogfest is brought to you by Trisha from Word + Stuff.  And such a fun theme!  Click here if you'd like to join in.

We are to post a baby picture and tell the story behind it. 

The pic below is one of my faves.  That's me, my mother, and my sister Mary.  I couldn't have been older than 2 years old and for some reason I remember that moment so vividly. 

We are seated in our living room back in our house on Vine Avenue in my hometown, Park Ridge, Illinois.  We're all dolled up in our frilly dresses and I think that was the day my sister got baptised.  This was back in the day when the living room was always kept clean for company and the kids and our toys were usually only allowed to mess up the basement.  To be in the living room meant that we were celebrating a special occasion.  Anyway, for some reason I remember my mother telling me to keep my brand-new red sneakers off the living room couch.  And, as you can see, I was an exceptional listener. ;-)

I can't be certain but I'm pretty sure that had to be my father behind the camera, making me laugh.  Oh, how I miss my parents.


Me, my mother and my sister Mary.


*****

Don't forget:


Goodreads Book Giveaway

Hooked by Liz Fichera

Hooked

by Liz Fichera

Giveaway ends December 26, 2012.
See the giveaway details at Goodreads.
Enter to win

And there's a cool contest going on Here.  Something for everyone. :)

16 comments:

Sherry Ellis said...

What a sweet picture!

Elise Warner said...

A lovely photo, Liz.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Visiting from the Baby Faces Blogfest.

Give me a visit at my Countdown to Kitschmas hop -

http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com/2012/12/countdown-to-kitschmas-day-2-nom-nom-nom.html

Kyra Lennon said...

Lovely photo!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You look happy! Think everyone from that time period had the same couch as well.

Trisha said...

Love the picture and the story of the red sneakers ;) Thanks so much for being a part of my blogfest! :) xx

Mina Lobo said...

Stopping by from the Baby Faces Blogfest. Lovely pic and sweet story. Dig that you were wearing red sneakers!
Some Dark Romantic

Danette said...

What a cutie you were. I remember those days of twill furniture (or whatever it was, it was rough). Sneakers with a dress, huh? That was nice. I think my Sunday go to church shoes were always black patten and uncomfortable! Cheers!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

It's wonderful how a single picture can zip those old memories... good memories... into your mind as though it were only yesterday. Cute picture.

Karen Walker said...

You were and are adorable, LIz. Poignant post.
Karen

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Love the sneakers. I had a fun childhood and there are many days I'd love to go back...if even for just a day!

Deniz Bevan said...

Aww, that's a great photo! Love the dress/sneakers combination :-)

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, I love the pic! Very cute. And that seems like the kind of event that would strike you big enough to remember.

cleemckenzie said...

Very sweet picture. And, yes, I'm sure you miss your parents. I know I miss my dad everyday.

Shannon Lawrence said...

LOL at being an exceptional listener, but what a sweet photo! Love the red sneaks.

Shannon at The Warrior Muse

Jeff Hargett said...

Great picture. It is odd how we can remember snapshot moments of the earliest years for no apparent reason whatsoever. In my case, it was riding in my parents' car, on Mom's lap, when we lived in Hawaii. (Yeah, way before seat-belt laws.)