Thursday, November 1, 2012

Who Let November In?

I don't remember a time in my life when time flew so quickly as it has in the last year.  Scary fast.  It seems that weekends go by in a nanosecond and weekdays in a minute.  Most days I reach the days' end and ask myself, Have you stopped to take a deep breath today?

And if history repeats itself, the next three months will fly by in a flash.  That's scary too. 

I'm trying to focus on finishing the first draft of a manuscript during November.  That is my goal and it has nothing to do with NaNoWriMo. 

Despite the holidays, November is generally always a good writing month for me and I think it has something to do with the shorter days.  Shorter days = Better concentration? Who knows but I'll take it.

If you're participating in NaNoWriMo this month, good luck (and why are you reading my blog??) :)

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Funny way to end that! Not doing NaNo as I am editing right now.

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

I plan on writing a little bit. November is too hectic for me to get serious about much else.

James Garcia Jr. said...

Hello, Liz. Your weeks are flying by, too, huh? I just emerged from writer's cave and am I glad that's over. That's a lot of work, and all I was doing was editing, formatting and promotion. I stand back and salute those that start from scratch every November. Yikes!
Take care.

-Jimmy

Renae McKenzie said...

Too true, my friend! I'm studying for exams at the moment and I sit down and do a few practice questions and then - BAM! It's night time and my day is gone... :-(

Good luck with your writing!