Friday, November 9, 2012

Standing On a Corner, Naked

I've said it before and I'll say it again: having your book reviewed feels a lot like standing on a busy street corner, naked. 

Not that I've done a lot of that.

But you feel very exposed and yet it's an inevitable part of the process.

So imagine my glee, wonder, excitement, crazy happy when I got word earlier in the week that Kirkus Reviews not only reviewed Hooked but awarded Hooked a Kirkus star.  It's a Big Deal as those little blue stars aren't awarded very often.  There was much rejoicing in my house. 

I've posted a snippet of the review on my web site but I believe the full review will appear in their magazine and online just prior to the release date.

Now I'll go back to standing on that corner with a smile on my face.

11 comments:

Karen Walker said...

Liz, that is just fabulous. Can't wait to read your book!
Karen

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations!!! That is awesome.

Kristabel Reed said...

Wow, that's just fantastic! A positive Kirkus review is one thing, a STARRED review? You deserve much rejoicing and dancing, naked or otherwise!!

Murees Dupé said...

You go girl! You stand on that corner and smile away. That is a fantastic achievement. Congratulations!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Awesome! You might be standing naked on that street corner, but you're wearing a tiara!!! Congratulations!

Danette said...

Oh congratulations Liz! That is BIG news! Kirkus is... well, I don't have to tell you but they're big in the review world. I hope you have some champagne on hand and spend the weekend celebrating. On second thought... maybe more than one or two would be more appropriate!

Renae McKenzie said...

This is exciting news! But I can't help but think that you now look like an insane naked lady on the street corner with your goofish smile... I say embrace it, my friend! Through caution to the wind!! B-)

Cold As Heaven said...

You made it. COngratulations >:)

Cold As Heaven

Tracy Jo said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! Seems like when we are the most naked/raw that is when success happens. You go girl!!! :-)

Trisha said...

That's amazing, Liz!! Congratulations! :) I look forward to reading the full review!

LTM said...

That is really fantastic! Kirkus is the big leagues! Super congrats to you~ :o) <3 <3