Monday, November 19, 2012

Being Thankful

Thanksgiving Day was always my favorite holiday and this year it's going to be very different without my parents.  In fact, right now it's hard to imagine the day without going to my parents' home and seeing them around their table. 

This is going to be a light week all the way around.  Instead of blogging and writing, I'm going to take the time to visit friends that I've not been able to see and talk with this year.  It's been a crazy year, the craziest of years.

I'm looking forward to a few days of peace and calm and hope you find that too.  Keep your parents close.  Love them as much as you can.

See you next week.

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Liz, praying you get through this Thanksgiving. Spending time with friends this week sounds like a good idea.

Tracy Jo said...

Sending you hugs and prayers, Liz. Enjoy your calmness & being with the people you love this week. Thankful that our paths crossed. :-)

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

The holidays make us more achingly aware of the people we've lost, and the empty spots in our hearts seem to hurt even more. I know it's trite, but it does get better. And those friends you'll be spending time with will help.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Take care, liz ...

The first holiday without them is always the hardest. I wish I could say it gets easier, but you never forget...

My parents have been gone for over ten years and I still get a bit melancholy during the holidays,

Thankfully you have close friends and other family members to lift your spirits... They are the angels God sends to us to get us through them.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Trisha said...

My mummy has a slightly risky operation on the 26th of this month, 3 days after her birthday, so I'm a wee bit nervous. But we are thinking positive!

I hope your Thanksgiving is more sweet than sad this year. *hug*

Danette said...

Have a Happy, Happy Thanksgiving and be grateful for having such beloved and wonderful parents. Not everybody does!

Mark Koopmans said...

Hey Liz,

Just wanted to stop by to say thanks for signing up for the Cheers, Cavanaugh BlogFest, or what we are now nicknaming “AlexFest.”

Looking forward to reading your entry - and best wishes for a quiet and relaxing Thanksgiving.