Monday, October 8, 2012

Playing Hooky

My sister Mary and I ran away for a few days last week.  It was heaven.  We totally mostly unplugged and went to this wonderful, magical place in Kohler, Wisconsin, called The American Club.  It's like a spa Disneyland for adults.  There were massages, facials, shopping, swimming, more massages, white fluffy robes, room service, afternoon teas, autumn colors and happy hours with those pretty little garnishments.  It was hard to get back into the car and return to reality. 

But, alas, we did.  The people in Wisconsin were so friendly and the weather was glorious! Check out the Fall colors in these pics.

Already planning a trip back.  I added some pics to my Facebook page but here are a few more.
Me, wishing I had brought golf clubs.

My "Sound of Music" interpretation.

 


6 comments:

jblynn said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. So happy for you.

Love your Maria interpretation!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you got away! That last photo made me chuckle.

Karen Walker said...

This sounds heavenly, Liz. That last photo reminded me of me actually singing A Wonderful Guy on the beach where the song was filmed in Hawaii.
Karen

LD Masterson said...

Glad you had a good time. Something we all need from time to time.

Trisha said...

Looks (and sounds) beautiful, Liz! I'd love to visit a place like that...maybe for longer than just a weekend ;)

Danette said...

The hills are alive with the sound of music-- Ahhhhahah. With songs they have heard... woops, got a little too enthusiastic with the pic there. Sounds AWESOME! So glad you had that opportunity to be pampered!! CHeers