Monday, October 15, 2012

Be It Ever So Humble

I've been on the road for almost the last month and I'm just getting back.

So glad to be home. 

I went back to Chicago and made a side trip to Wisconsin with my sister.  It was part business, part hilarious fun, because that's just the way it is whenever I visit my sis and her family.  And plus I really really really needed to get away for a while.  Really. It's been a tough year.

Random post-vacay highlights and observations:

Visited a few cool bookstores.
The best Best Bloody Marys are made by bartenders in Kohler, Wisconsin.
I miss Fall colors.
The TSA agents at Chicago O'Hare are the grumpiest.
No matter how hard I try, I cannot pack a suitcase. Decently.
I could live happily in a white fluffy robe.
My niece is good at Scrabble.
Chicago pizza? Enough said.
Those stupid Housewives shows are so much more fun when watching with my sis.
There's no place like home.

Desert? I've missed you.

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Welcome home, Liz! Hope it refreshed and renewed you,.

LD Masterson said...

Glad you're safely home and that all went well.

Karen Walker said...

Welcome home, Liz. Glad you're safe and had so much fun.
Karen

Amy Jarecki said...

So glad to hear that you had a fun get-away!

Kittie Howard said...

Welcome home, Liz! Happy you had so much fun and sis is doing fine. I'm always eager to go and eager to return. There's no place like home!

Trisha said...

Sounds like it was a great vacation, but it's always great to get home!

Danette said...

I'll take come chocolate, thanks! (I'll always take chocolate). It sounds like you had a good month even if you are worn out from the travel. And I could totally live in a fuzzy robe. I found the perfect on in a shop in Boulder- alas it was like $150. A little out of my league. I guess I'll stick to clothes!

Tara Tyler said...

your highlights are fabulous! chicago pizza! yum!

and i saw your name in the dinyb hop today! did you?