Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Taking The Skinny Out of Skinny Yogurt

The other night, I was reminded of that Seinfeld episode where everyone gets obsessed about the new frozen yogurt shop that claims to sell a fat-free product.  Naturally, everyone eats their weight in it every day and gains weight. Hilarious episode, by the way.

So my niece says to me, "Wanna get some sea-salt caramel yogurt? It's fat-free!"  Of course, I say yes.  Sea salt + caramel =  Don't have to ask me twice.

So we get to this place.  It looks like most yogurt shops--plastic chairs, pastel-colored yogurt, minimalist decor (translation: don't stay too long).  We get our yogurt and then my niece says, "Now, for the best part. Mix-ins."  We mixed in peanut butter cups and butterscotch ships, making our skinny yogurt anything but skinny.

Damn, it was good.

Genius marketing, too.

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Maybe the fat and the fat-free cancelled each other out?

Kittie Howard said...

LOL, I gained five pounds when fat-free potato chips came out awhile back. Duh? Didn't think about the calories.

LD Masterson said...

It that like washing your pizza down with diet coke? They cancel each other out.

LD Masterson said...

Grrr - that first word was supposed to be "Is", not "It". I hate it when I do that.

KarenG said...

I remember that Seinfeld episode, so funny! Craving some fro yo right now...

Trisha said...

hahaha, yes, this is like me and my low fat ice cream, chopped nuts and... Ice magic chocolate sauce over all of it. Sometimes even a dash of Bailey's ;)

I've stopped that now 'cause it was too naughty. Now I just have sorbet. It IS mostly fat free, but there is sugar, and don't they say sugar converts to fat anyway? A lady can't win!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Oh, yes, I remember the frozen yogurt craze back in th early 80's ....

So funny how history repeats itself and how gullible people can be.

Enjoy it for what it is.... Nothing that scrumptious is going to be anything but CALORIC and eventually Fat turning.

I should know .... As a former fatty... LOL.

Renae McKenzie said...

Haha! Its good - but bad at the same time! Still better for you than ice cream with mix-ins!! :-P

Danette said...

that's the whole thing with most diet food. You figure you did good so you do something that undoes the whole "good" thing. Diets (and diet foods) are for the birds.