Friday, September 14, 2012

HOOKED Inspiration

I've spent the last two days piecing together about three minutes worth of video. 

Why, you ask? 

Why, thank you for asking.  Let me explain...

I've been creating a video that explains the inspiration behind Hooked.  Why I wrote it.  What inspired it.  That kind of stuff.  In my case, the desert landscape and Gila River Indian Community around my Phoenix home provided a lot of the inspiration for Hooked, even providing the first seed of an idea to write about a Native American girl golfer.

So I've been hiking around the desert and my neighborhood this week scouting for the best shots with my camera to tell the story, to show what inspired me to write it in the first place and then kept me inspired to finish it. 

I'm creating this video for the Class of Y2K13, a group of debut YA and MG authors with books releasing in 2013.  I hope you'll like it!  Looking forward to sharing.  I love hearing the background about books so I hope you will too.  It will also include a song that was written and recorded specifically for Hooked.  I won't say who sings it yet but I'm sure she'll be famous some day. You heard it here. :)

Come on, October!

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That sounds really cool, Liz!

LD Masterson said...

So that's why you've been out finding rattlesnakes. Be careful.

Janie Emaus said...

I'm looking forward to it.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Oh, how cool! But leave the snake out, okay? Even if he was a gentleman.

Petra @ Safari Poet said...

I love hearing the background for books too. Looking forward to it.