Monday, September 10, 2012

Gila River Indian Community Masterpiece

I don't often do this but I make an exception today.

Craig and I had dinner at a restaurant on Saturday night that was so unbelievably over-the-top awesome that I wish that I could wave a magic wand and the whole world would know about this diamond in the rough.

It's called Kai and it's on the Gila River Indian Reservation.  And where do I begin to describe this place?  Let's just say that the food was mouth-wateringly wonderful.  It wasn't so much as dinner as it was An Experience.  I felt like I was on one of those Food Network shows where the chefs dazzle the hosts with plates of food that look like works of art.

Kai, first of all, means "seed" in Pima.  The chef, Michael O'Dowd incorporates essences of the Pima and Maricopa tribes and locally farmed ingredients from the Gila River Indian Community into his menu.  The menu?  AMAZING! The service? OUTSTANDING!  You know you're in for a treat when you're handed a hand-painted menu and a sommelier and cocktail mixologist just for your table.  Our server started by telling us a little about the history of the Gila River Indian Community and anybody that knows me that I was in heaven from that moment on

If you're ever in Phoenix, put this lovely restaurant at the top of your list.  It's also about five miles from my house.  I'm already dreaming about our next visit.

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

When dining is an experience, it's perfect! Sounds like a great place.

Karen Walker said...

Wow, guess I have to plan a trip to Phoenix now.
Karen

Talli Roland said...

Sounds amazing! Colour me jealous. I've been to Phoenix, but that was ages ago. Might need to make another trip!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Yum. Place sounds magical!

LD Masterson said...

Oh, if only it wasn't so far away. Sounds delightful.

LTM said...

oh, I really love fine dining. I never did it before I married Richard, but his job kind of entails "wining and dining" clients. So I'm kind of spoiled now. I'll tell him about this place for the next time we're in Phoenix. Thanks, girl! And glad you guys got to go fancy! :D <3

Danette said...

It's going directly on my places to visit when I visit Phoenix next time! Sounds awesome!