Monday, September 3, 2012

Bravo to AMC!

Wow. Never thought I'd say this but AMC is killing it! And I mean that in a good way. 

AMC currently has two shows now that are so worth staring at the box for a couple of hours on a Sunday night:  Hell on Wheels, which I gushed about last week, and now the six-week mini-series produced by Steven Spielberg, Into the West.  I don't know what caused the sudden resurgence of all things gritty, nineteenth century and American western, but I'll take it!  Those are a few of my favorite things.  Set your DVR for Sunday nights.

Me = Happy.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The four big networks don't have a thing on the cable networks anymore.

LD Masterson said...

I watched this last night and "bravo" indeed. The only thing I find troubling in these good quality westerns is knowing the fate of all those Native American nations.

Danette said...

AMC is awesome. But I am a huge Madmen fan and I like The Walking Dead (I can't even tell you why... I am not a zombie lover) AMC is just willing to do what know one else is doing- put some effort into real shows. Of course they do it BBC style- short seasons but I will take it if it produces that quality of show. Cheers!

Trisha said...

I never have any idea what any of the American channels mean - like, what shows typically show up on what channels, or whatever. But these sound good! :)