Friday, August 17, 2012
* Alex Cavanaugh is hosting a fun Genre Favorites blogfest on September 17. Not only does it sound fun, but the post shouldn't take anytime to write (which I love + appreciate. Thanks, Alex!). Click here for the deets and to join the grooviness.
* I wrote an article for SheKnows.com about the importance of young adult fiction and how it's changed over the years. It got a ton of coverage and for that I'm ever so grateful! It's nice when you write something and someone reads it, right? Check out the post and the cool SheKnows site. Click here.
* I'm not used to having so much free-time, as I used to spend mornings with my mother. Still getting used to this new chapter in my life. It's going to take a while.
* My niece got her driver's license yesterday which can't be possible because didn't I just hold her in my arms at her baptism like a week ago??
* I have two new YA books on my nook, ready to read for the weekend: Red Heart Tattoo and Unbreak My Heart. I finished Monsoon Summer last weekend and enjoyed that. A cute, sweet story set in India. Very cool. Exactly what I was looking for.
Keep truckin' on, sang a singer a long time ago. So, what exciting things do you have planned for the weekend? Hope you have a good one!