Friday, August 24, 2012

Things You Remember

It's raining. It's pouring. The old man is snoring.  Went to bed with a bump on his head and couldn't get up in the morning.

Rain, rain, go away (except if you live in the desert). Come again another day!

I remember singing these little songs with my sisters when we were kids and sitting inside on a summer day and depressed and mopey because we couldn't play outside.  Now as an adult and living in Phoenix, which I totally didn't see coming, I find myself still hearing these songs in my head but absolutely thrilled to see so much rain! It's rained just about every day this week, hard as nails, and that is very unusual even if it is considered the "monsoon season" right now in the Sonoran Desert.

Great writing day.  The hazelnut coffee is brewing.  I'm at the halfway point on my current WIP and seeing light (and rain) at the end of the tunnel.  Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Karen Walker said...

We're neighbors, Liz. I'm in New Mexico and we've had a good monsoon season as well. Happy writing!
Karen

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We've been getting a lot of rain here. When it rains, I don't have to mow the lawn, but the flip side is that it makes the grass grow so fast I can actually hear it growing.

Heather Gardner said...

Of course that cute little rhyme meant that he had a concussion and probably died of his head wound over night but let's sing it to kids!!

We have had lots of thunderstorms but not a lot of rain.

Enjoy your writing with your coffee!!
HMG

Amy Jarecki said...

Yep, we got the rain in St. George too, but after a day, I wanted the sun back :-)

LD Masterson said...

Can you send a little of that rain this way? We've got drought problems here.

Trisha said...

Yeah, I live in a pretty warm climate too, and...I love rain! Adore it a lot!