Monday, August 13, 2012

Must-Watch TV

I was in denial about the whole television line-up when my fave show of the season, Longmire, came to an end.  Side note: Are "seasons" for television shows getting shorter or is it only my imagination? I love those angsty, atmospheric shows with eccentric characters set out in the middle of nowhere.  There are so few of them.

Then along came the second season of Hell on Wheels on AMC and I'm in love all over again.

What.A.Great.Show! Great writing. Great acting.  Great everything! Set in South Dakota after the Civil War, it's filled with all of the gritty goodness that I love in books and television shows.  Plus, Anson Mount?  Oh, my. Yes, please.

The balance of the Universe has been restored.

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Haven't watched that one.
And Longmire is done already? I think the season was a whole eight episodes. Maybe.

Angela Felsted said...

Another show to look into. Oh my . . .

Randy said...

Television seasons have been reduced in length. You're not imagining it.

Karen Walker said...

I just caught a few episodes of Longmire the other day - had never heard of it. It's quite good. Never heard of the other one either. I'm so out of the loop.
Karen

jblynn said...

The cable stations run shorter seasons BUT I think they often run two seasons in a year (which is why there is new stuff on now...otherwise we'd be stuck with the rerun on network tv... USA Network probably does it best at this point.

Tracy Jo said...

Lol! I am going to have to check this one out. I do think the "seasons" are getting shorter. :-) Have a great day!

Danette said...

Haven't heard of this show- I may have to check it out!

And seasons have definitely shortened. In the 70s/80s there were 27 shows per season. AMC has managed to whittle down their "season" to 13 just like BBC shows. I am not sure how many the main channels are showing now but I am sure it's close to 20. It stinks when you really love a show! I miss Mad Men!!!

Angelina Rain said...

I'm glad your favorite show is back. One of my favorite shows ended for good. *sob* Goodbye Dr. House *sob*