Friday, August 31, 2012

I Heart Tom Hardy

Lawless has everything I like in a movie: grittiness, based on a real story, good writing, angsty characters and, lately, Tom Hardy.  In my opinion, Tom Hardy is one of the best actors out there at the moment.  Side note: If you have not seen him in Warriors yet, you have not lived. 

I am so anxious to see this movie this weekend.  If it's as compelling as the movie trailer, I will be a happy camper.

It's a long weekend in the States and it's still bloody hot in the desert.  I'll be doing a lot of reading, editing, and movie watching this weekend.  I may even attempt some cooking.  May

I've got Something Like Normal by Trish Doller and I Will Save You by Matt de la Pena locked and loaded on my Nook. 

What are your plans?

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

This one is on my radar as well!

Madeleine Maddocks said...

You and me both. He is amazing sex appeal.

J.L. Campbell said...

Enjoy your holidays. I'm a dinosaur where actors and movies are concerned, so Hardy is new to me.

jblynn said...

I'll have to add Warriors to my queue.

It's my wedding anniversary weekend so I hope to spend some quality time with my DH. :-)

LD Masterson said...

This one wasn't on my radar but it definitely is now.

Have a great weekend.

nindogs said...

Dying to see Hardy in this one! He just keeps impressing me - Inception, Warrior, TDKR. Seriously a talented, gorgeous man!

Danette said...

I do not know who that guy is. I rarely watch regular TV anymore and I haven't gone to a movie since... Prometheus and I hadn't been to a film before that since... oh you don't want to know.

James Garcia Jr. said...

Hi, Liz. You'll have to let us know what you thought after you've seen it. Thanks to his portrayal of Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, we're hearing a lot of his voice work said over and over in my house, thanks to my teenagers. *laughs*
As for the long weekend, I'm catching up on laptop/social network stuff. Tonight and Monday I will be working on getting my debut onto Amazon as a paperback. There's always something, right. I'm also visiting w/ my Uncle who is visiting from Mesa, AZ. Better here, than there. Sorry. :) Stay cool, my friend.

-Jimmy