Friday, July 6, 2012

This Little Light of Mine

I'm going back to the tried and true flashlight-under-the-covers for middle of the night reading.  I've bought several of those little cutesy book lights that you attach to your e-reader or book and they are completely worthless.  Unless you're an ant and have little biddy eyes and need teeny tiny amounts of light.  Wait.  Do ants have eyes? Maybe that was a poor comparison but hopefully you know what I mean. 

I've thrown out my last book light. 

I've read a couple of really good books lately, including Megan Bostic's heart-wrenchingly good Never Eighteen.  I hope to finally be reading Veronica Rossi's Under the Never Sky and Lauren Oliver's Pandemonium this weekend.  Seems I'm on another dystopian kick since I can't seem to find enough contemporaries!   

Take good care of your eyes and have a good weekend!

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad I don't need a light for my iPad. Those things never worked anyway.

Karen Walker said...

You, too, Liz. I actually have a good light for my Kindle that works just fine. And doesn't keep hubs up either.
Karen

raelynbarclay said...

I gave up reading in bed when I got married, LOL. Unless he's up watching sports I have to take my book, ereader, to another room. Of course, I never was one to read under the covers either :D

Back at ya!

LD Masterson said...

I'm with raelyn. Just easier to go downstairs and read in my comfy chair.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Maybe you need to get one of those Kindles with the illuminated screen. Then again, there's something sweetly retro about the flashlight under the covers ...

MTeacress said...

Someone needs to invent a decent book light. I haven't found any I'm in love with either. :)

Danette said...

You're idea just gave me the bright idea to start using a flash light. We share bedroom night lights but sometimes I want to read when The Mister doesn't and then I have to reach ALL THE WAY OVER THERE to turn it off ;) A flashlight would just do the trick.

LTM said...

I'm curious about the Never Sky. Will be interested to hear what you think!

I've actually had pretty good luck w/my Kindle light. Had to change the batteries recently, but it's good as new. :D <3

Jean Davis said...

I love my Kindle Fire for night time reading. It even takes care of my even worse problem with the husband: turning paper pages that seem horrendously loud in the middle of the night.