Friday, July 20, 2012

Catch a Tiger By the Toe

Ever since I announced my Book Blogger contest last Friday, it's been a bit of a whirlwind here at the O.K. Corral. The response has been both overwhelming and humbling. I spent last weekend doing nothing but answering email.  It has warmed my heart to see the beautiful cover for Hooked on so many wonderful blogs and web sites this week.  The story has been a long time coming and I have to keep pinching myself that the January release date is right around the corner.

Meanwhile, life goes on, right? I have been knee-deep in edits while at the same time writing another young adult contemporary that is very close to my heart.  On top of all that, I'm spending as much time with my mother that I can and appreciating the moments we have left together.

Life goes on.  It always goes on.

Keep reading.  Keep writing.  Hold your families close.  Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And it's only going to get crazier, right?

Amy Jarecki said...

So glad things are hopping for you! I moved my father to St. George (he has alzheimers too), so I'm doing the same with him as you are with your mom. It's about family :-)

LD Masterson said...

Treasure the "mom" time. I so wish I had even one day more.

Tara said...

Can't wait to find out what the next book is about. Good for you! And a big hug to your mother. :)

Trisha said...

I am pretty sure I haven't added this book to my TBR list at GoodReads yet. So I'm going to do it right now! :)

David P. King said...

Knee deep in edits. Sounds like my life right about now. I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

James Garcia Jr. said...

Hi, Liz. Sorry I've come to this one so late. I just emerged from the writer's cave where I have been repairing the damage after my small publisher closed. Things are good, however. I have just begun a two week vacation, so hopefully things will slow down.
Thanks for the reminder about family. As I push myself with the day job and making the move to being a fully Independant writer, I need to stop and consider family.

-Jimmy