Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Comfort Foods and Writing and Magic Shopping Carts

Trader Joes: I put a pox on your house!

Well, not really.  But sort of. 

Trader Joe's keeps putting these incredibly fattening but wonderfully tasty treats on their shelves and, somehow, they wind up in my shopping cart by the time I reach the checkout line.  It's like magic.  My latest find?  Cookie Butter.

I defy you to stop after one tiny spoonful.  Cookie butter is creamy like a Reese's peanut butter cup but only a million times better.  It even smells wonderful, all nutmeggy and sugar cookieish. 

Fortunately said Cookie Butter has had a positive effect on my word count this week despite the most certainly negative effect on my bathroom scale.  I've been averaging close to 3000 words a day.  Not bad. 

10 comments:

Heather M. Gardner said...

OMG...that sounds so good.
Luckily I don't have one of those stores nearby.
Now, does it have a positive effect because you use it as incentive and won't have any until you hit a certain word count? Or, do you eat it and then you can't sleep cause its so full of sugary goodness that you are up all night writing?
Heather

Liz Fichera said...

Both! :)

LTM said...

OH no!!! I have to go to TJ's today! Don't tell me about this nutmeggy Cookie Butter!!! :D

Awesome work on the writing, though~

LD Masterson said...

That stuff is the most addictive substance on the planet. Bar none.

raelynbarclay said...

While I'm thrilled to hear it's working its magic on your writing...

I am SO not going near TJ's to pick some up. My arse does not need any help in its endeavor to widen over the edges of my chair, LOL

Gina Blechman said...

YUM. That looks so good. I really have to avoid going to Trader Joe's. Everything there is entirely too delicious. Congrats on the word count!

~Gina Blechman

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is so evil.
Impressed with your word count! Wish I wrote faster.

Trisha said...

That looks really, really bad...but good. hehe. I must admit that I did try Reese's peanut butter cups and didn't like them. i'm not a fan of salt in my peanutty goodness, even if I do like salted peanuts. Make sense? No, didn't think so... haha. But salty peanut butter to me is gross. I only have the unsalted stuff, and there is only one brand of that around here.

Danette said...

Yummers!! We are going to get a Trader Joe's (first one in town!) in a year (or two?) and I am looking forward to shopping there. I will definitely look for Cookie Butter! Cheers!

Amy Jarecki said...

I'm glad there's not a Trader Joe's in St. Geroge!