Monday, April 30, 2012

Zen

I keep threatening to take a hot yoga class at a little studio near my house.  It's something I've been wanting to do since January until Life called and kind of threw me off kilter for a while.

Not only do the stretching aspects of hot yoga appeal to me but so do the meditation aspects.  It would be nice to slow down and think about absolutely nothing for a whole hour, you know?  Reach that Zen, peaceful enlightened stage that yoga enthusiasts talk about.  Of course, I got myself this really cute yoga outfit that I'd like to (finally) wear.

I can zone out when I run or hike but I gotta feeling that yoga will be different.  Less jarring on the body, I hope?  I am so wanting to be there.  And the stretching would be super majorly nice, too.

15 comments:

Tracy Jo said...

Love the word zen. I have taken some yoga classes but never hot yoga and have heard fantastic things about it. It is so good for our bodies. Maybe May will be the month we both do it. You have to if you have a new cute outfit! :-)

Trisha said...

i'm a bit scared of hot yoga because I freakin' hate heat...and yet I can see the value in saunas and stuff,...haha. I will definitely try hot yoga sometime, as yoga in general gets a big thumbs up from me!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hot yoga sounds sexy! Wait, it probably doesn't mean that at all.

Karen Walker said...

Liz, you should just go sign up - right now. This minute.
Karen

Glynis said...

Just catching up on your posts. Your Time one was moving.

Hot yoga sounds interesting! Go for it, I would love to read of your experiences.

Suz said...

Enjoyed visiting. Good luck with your writing.

raelynbarclay said...

I think it would be fabulous to mediate for an hour, not sure my busy mind would cooperate though. Go for it and report back :)

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Like the commercials say: "Just do it." Besides, since you already have that cute outfit, I'm thinking the matter is out of your hands anyway. Once you get the clothes, what can I say? The class becomes mandatory.

LD Masterson said...

Can't do it. I've tried. I can sit and be still and even manage some of the stretching. But I can never get my mind out of gear. Instead of meditating, I'm running through my do-list or working on a scene I'm writing. Sigh.

DayDreamer said...

Go reach that zen and do the hot yoga. It's meant to be great for the body - so even better when you wear that outfit, too.

Alleged Author said...

My friend swears by hot yoga. Tell us how it goes!

Talli Roland said...

I'm so inflexible I think yoga would probably create more pain than zen! Hot yoga sounds intriguing.

Cold As Heaven said...

Tried yoga once, ended up with a back pain. I probably stretched to much for a beginner. Yoga is dangerous >:)))

Cold As Heaven

Danette said...

I don't know if hot yoga would be for me-- sounds to exhausting but yoga itself is terrific and completely different than running or walking.

Danette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.