Monday, April 23, 2012

Time

One thing I've become particularly sensitive to since my Dad died and since Alzheimer's cruelly stole my mother away from me is Time. 

Time is powerful.  It is unforgiving and relentless.  "It waits for no one," my dear Mom always said.  Time is the one thing that no one can control and yet it is the one thing that everyone shares.  The only thing you can control is how you use your time.  Because once it's over, it's over.  There's nothing more final than that.

And that, my friends, is my deep Jack Handey thought for the day. 

Now, onto writing that next book...

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It's not the time we have as much as what we do with it.

Talli Roland said...

Thank you for the reminder, Liz.

Karen Walker said...

I am increasingly aware of time as I am turning 63 tomorrow. I am trying to figure out my priorities and making sure I do them before anything else because I don't have any more time to waste. Thanks, Liz. Hope you're doing okay with all you have going on.
karen

Cherie Larkins said...

Yep. Time can be kinda scary. I'm turning 30 this year (eep!) and while that may seem young to others, for me it's a reminder that time stops for no one.

Randy said...

Very true. I'm doing better at using my time for something useful, but I still have a ways to go.

LD Masterson said...

We hear more clocks ticking sometimes than just that biological one we all talk about...and they're all scary.

Tracy Jo said...

Excellent deep thought.

Kate O'Mara said...

Balancing Time that is the challenge isn't it?
#349 following
Kate
http://solidhappiness.blogspot.com/

SherryE said...

Well said!