Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Just Because

I am (fortunately) almost back to my normal running and hiking routines, although my body can definitely feel that I haven't done much in the last four months. It's amazing how long it takes to work up endurance and how quickly you can lose it.

Yesterday I hiked up Telegraph Pass, a beautiful place in South Mountain Park near my home. I snapped this picture of one of my most favorite saguaros on the hike. Since it can take about 75 years for a saguaro to grow a side arm, this one's pretty darn old. Check out the little white flowers at the top. They bloom every Spring. So pretty. About a second before I snapped this picture with my cell phone, a cactus wren had been perched on one of the arms. Unfortunately I was not able to remove my phone from my pack fast enough and the 'lil guy flew away.

Spring has definitely sprung and so has my heart, a little. :)

9 comments:

Karen Walker said...

Oh, Liz, this post makes me so happy for you. And that's a gorgeous photo.
Karen

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you're almost back up to speed.
Cool cactus.

Daisy Carter said...

How beautiful! Happy Spring!

raelynbarclay said...

I love your 'just because' Liz. Happy Spring :)

Laura Marcella said...

Hi, Liz! I didn't know that about a saguaro. What a beautiful picture!

Good luck with your running and hiking routines! You're so right that it takes quite a bit of time to get back in shape, and losing it happens much too quickly. Definitely not fair, LoL!

Hope you're having a great week and happy A to Z!!

Kittie Howard said...

Keep up the great work! And those contrails behind the cactus are gorgeous.

KarenG said...

Very nice that you are feeling the new hope and energy of springtime.

nutschell said...

beautiful picture. It's Spring but feels like winter today in L.A.
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com
Just A-Zing around!

Danette said...

I always have that happen to me even with my camera in a pouch at my side. It's as though the little guys are camera shy. Lovely blue skies!