Monday, April 2, 2012

B is for Baseball

Living in Phoenix, I am surrounded by baseball.  And it is currently Spring Training time so the tourists visit this time of year in droves to watch their favorite professional teams because you really can't find better weather anywhere than in Phoenix, Arizona, during the winter and springtimes unless, of course, you live in Kauai or some other tropical island and have oceanfront property in which case could you please call me and invite me to visit? Thank you much! 

Even so, better than watching the professional baseball players, is watching college baseball and my all-time favorite, the little leagues.  My tween nephew is quite the baseball player so whenever I go back to Chicago, I always try to go when it's baseball season (like now).  So much fun to watch.  Next to football, college and little league baseball is probably my favorite sport.  But, wait.  I also love golf.  And college basketball.  And track.  And hockey.  So hard for me to choose a fave sport...

Are you an obsessed baseball fan or do you show up for the hot dogs and peanuts?

15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like the atmosphere of a live game. It can be a little boring just watching it on TV.

SA Larsenッ said...

Ooh, I'm a die-hard Red Sox fan. 'Nuff said. *shrugs and smiles

Daisy Carter said...

I live in Florida, so I know all about Spring Training! I've often wanted to visit Arizona and see how ya'll do it out west! Just took the fam to a Blue Jays v. Twins game last week. So much fun! I go for the hot dogs AND the game. I love it all. GREAT post! :)

cherie said...

Not a sports fan, so I show up for the hotdogs and the company. :)

Kittie Howard said...

My hub so loves baseball and is a member of the Red Sox Nation. A friend gave him two tickets to a spring training game tomorrow. He so wants me to go. I will and I'll smile. But, heavens, I'm in for a loooong day. Couldn't b-ball be, say, seven innings? *ducks rotten tomatoes being thrown by the crowd*

Julie said...

I love when baseball time comes around every year. Definitely one of the best signs of summer. :)

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Not a fan, but my SIL is so I get to hear about it a lot.

Happy Monday!

My A-Z

Tracy Jo said...

I go for the dogs and beer. :-) Terry, my guy, is a total die hard fan. I love going with him and listening to him yell. Hehehe!

Jemi Fraser said...

I love almost all sports too! So hard to choose - but I'd go with tennis as my top fave! :)

Heather M. Gardner said...

We like to watch our local minor league team. It's a lot of fun, cheaper and you get to sit much closer. They play just as hard too. My son just joined his school districts youth football team. I can't wait to see these little guys try to get around in all this equipment!
Great post, Liz!
HMG

Alleged Author said...

My hubby's dad is obsessed with baseball. He has all this signed stuff and pieces of stadiums. It's quite amazing, really!

Sarah Pearson said...

No baseball here, just football!

J.W. Alden said...

I'm not a big fan of baseball, or team sports in general. Most of the sports I watch involve people punching each other in the face.

I can have fun at just about any kind of live sporting event though. Suddenly I become a sports analyst. :P

J.W. Alden

Paula Martin said...

Baseball in the UK in a kid's game called Rounders! I've never understood the American obsession with baseball, especially after I watched a game - once!

Deniz Bevan said...

Um, I have to say, I've only ever been to one baseball game. Thank goodness I saw the Expos before they left Montreal!