Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Heaven Help Me, I've Joined Pinterest

Uncle!  I give.  I've officially been pinned.

http://pinterest.com/lizfichera/

To me, Pinterest is Tumblr but with more organizational tools. 

I have to admit, it's kinda fun to create virtual boards of the things that interest you.  Time will tell if it's like a new shiny toy that loses its luster after a few weeks or if it will sustain the test of time like a slinky or a Pez dispenser.  As a writer, I can see value to creating storyboards for things like settings and characters.  That could be kinda fun.  Whether anyone else thinks so remains to be seen.  So far, I'm pinning things during my writing breaks throughout the day that I think are cool, kind of like virtual doodling.

Have you been pinned?

7 comments:

Talli Roland said...

Oh, yay! I knew you'd succumb! :) I have indeed been pinned.

Randy said...

It certainly seems to be generating a lot of interest lately.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm still resisting! I'd never write again if I took on one more thing.

Cherie Reich said...

Hehe! Pinterest is pretty fun. I just followed you. :)

Deniz Bevan said...

Definitely! Pinning is more fun than I thought it would be. So many beautiful rooms and nature shots and books and stones and beads and bread and... "Pin all the things!"

raelynbarclay said...

At first I was holding off because of the time suck factor but more recently because of the threat of lawsuit and copyright.

As I understand it, the users are liable for lawsuit if they use a Pinterest image anywhere off the site. If sued, Pinterest will include users who pinned/repinned the image, and the users will pick up the tab. Pinterest will pay none. Anything posted on Pinterest (including blog posts I believe) automatically transfers copyright to them, forever.

Not right. Until that gets worked out, I'll not be joining. (I think PCWorld had an article detailing it if anyone wants more info.)

Sarah Pearson said...

I'm deliberately staying away, I'm too scared of getting into another time sink :-)