Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reading Roundup

Thank goodness for books.  They've helped keep my sanity the last two months. 

I think I mentioned last month that I read Still Alice by Lisa Genova.  There are passages from that book that still haunt me.  If you have someone coping with Alzheimer's, I highly recommend it.  On the complete other end of the emotional spectrum, I've read and enjoyed Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson, Mexican WhiteBoy by Matt De LaPena, Don't Expect Magic by Kathy McCullough, and I Kissed a Zombie and I Like It by Adam Seltzer.  I'm currently reading Across the Universe by Beth Revis and I'm enjoying very much.  I keep track of everything on Goodreads

Any books that you've read lately that you recommend? I'm all ears.

13 comments:

Talli Roland said...

I use Goodreads to keep track of everything too, otherwise I'm sure I'd forget!

Joanne said...

I keep a reading journal where I log books I've read with a mini-review and rating. It's amazing how often I refer to that journal for a reference or recommendation. But right now, I'm sadly between books and not reading any :/

Tracy Jo said...

Thanks for the roundup! I am loving GR for keeping track. I used to have random notes everywhere of what I wanted to read, it is so nice to have it in one place. I love seeing what others recommend too. Hope today is a good day!

raelynbarclay said...

Sadly short on the fiction lately. I'm reading 8 Ways to Bring Fiction to Life by Noah Lukeman :)

Thanks for the round up, I'll have to check them out. Here's to a good day {hugs}

Kittie Howard said...

I'm reading "Paris to the Past" but need to utilize Goodreads more. Liz, I hope you are doing well. It's been a tough time for you and your family.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I've got a lot of books on my Goodreads list to read. Everything is a bit on hold right now though...

Michael Di Gesu said...

HI, Liz,

Sending hugs, I hope you are doing all right.

I am backlogged with me reading lately, but my next book is Rachel Morgan's Novella... I will be posting about it in a few days.

Take care.

Michael

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

The book I finished most recently is "Ketchup is a Vegetable" by Robin O'Bryant. It is laugh out loud funny.

Lizz said...

I've been reading up a storm this year too. You are right, it keeps you sane. I love GoodReads, I'll see you there.

Sarah Pearson said...

No recommendations, just checking in to say hi.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

My daugher is reading Book#2 in the series started in Across the Universe. She really likes it.

Danette said...

I'm reading a bio of Oscar Wilde that is quite good. his life is haunting! And I ma reading Hemingway's Boats- also good. Next up? 'Moveable Feast'

Reading is a lifesaver!

Carole said...

Great blog. I am from New Zealand and blog on books amongst other things. You might be interested in this post about a book I really enjoyed http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2011/10/book-i-really-enjoyed.html Will enjoy following your blog.