Monday, February 20, 2012

The Lucky 13s

I joined a blog. It's called The Lucky 13s.  Have you heard it?

The blog is a collection of kidlit authors debuting books in 2013.  There are almost 50 authors in all.  Funny, but when I got "the call" last year that my young adult novel HOOKED had sold to Harlequin Teen, 2013 seemed like it was 30 years away.  And now it's just next year.  Right around the corner.  Time flies.  Gulp.

The most recent post on The Lucky 13s blog that I read was an interview with literary agent, Michelle Wolfson.  There are other posts on query writing and book promotion so the posts kind of run the gamut.  There are also introduction posts from all the authors who contribute to the site.  Here's mine.  It's short and sweet.

Now I need to write a couple of hopefully riveting posts.  Any suggestions on topics for the Lucky 13s blog?

8 comments:

Talli Roland said...

I have heard of the Lucky 13 - I know a few other authors who are part of that. I think it's a fantastic idea.

Joanne said...

Sounds like a fun blogging venture. How about a few posts on your journey to publishing HOOKED. Readers and writers always enjoy seeing how a book came to be.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It is just next year! Get excited, Liz. And congratulations on both the book and getting involved with that blog.

Trisha said...

"hopefully riveting" - yep, that's a good thing to aim for! hehe. Sounds like a very cool blog. I'm going to check it out!

cherie said...

Cool! I think one of my writer friends is there--Mindy McGinnis.
:) Goodluck on finding a post topic, and congrats on your impending publication!!

Li said...

Hmmm...if I recall, there was some sort of flap last year about YA lit trending toward too much darkness, violence, etc. Wish I could recall the details. Maybe you could address that? (Sorry, I'm not being very helpful but it's been a long day.) :-)

Deniz Bevan said...

Congratulations, Liz!

Sarah Pearson said...

Oooh, nice one. Off to check it out :-)