Friday, October 14, 2011

Pay It Forward Blogfest

I love the idea of this blogfest.  Big kudos to Alex Cavanaugh and Matthew at QQQE for hosting.  The Universe is smiling down upon them. You can check either of their blogs for the deets, along with the linky link.  

While I love the idea of this blogfest, I also think that paying it forward is something that should happen every day in the writing community, and it can be done in big or small ways.  But it's usually the small things--the encouraging words from complete strangers, the funny videos and jokes, the writing tips--that can keep you motivated, especially when you're having one of those (many) days when you want to light your manuscript on fire.  Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without my blogger buddies.  They make me laugh, cry, smile, pull my hair out, ponder, and sometimes even scream.  It's all good.

The blogfest rules state that I'm supposed to highlight three blogs in this blogfest but, sorry, there are 300 that I could mention.  And I'm not one for rules. 

Pop on over to Alex or Mathew's blogs and join this blogfest and follow some new writer friends this weekend.  Last I checked, over 200 people had already signed up! Don't forget to leave comments at the blogs you visit so that people can follow you back!!

25 comments:

Joanne said...

The writing community is great for this type of support ... Enjoy your blog hop :)

Pat Hatt said...

Blog hopping around as well, lots of them seemed to have ringed the blog hop bell.

Sarah Pearson said...

This is one of my favourite bloghops so far :-)

Matthew MacNish said...

Hi Liz. Thanks so much for taking part in our little blog party.

Don't worry about breaking the rules, either. We're cool with that!

LTM said...

Ha! And I got zinged for cheating. I think this is cheating... you have to pick three! ;p <3

Liz Fichera said...

I'll just say this: I got in trouble a lot when I was a kid. ;-)

Janet Johnson said...

Rules, schmules. Who needs em?

Nice to meet you!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hey Liz! Good point - that's why I mention my blogger buddies whenever possible. Thanks for participating in the blogfest.

DEZMOND said...

everyone is hop hopping, I must bring some carrots to all of you bunnies :)

Movies on my Mind said...

Hmm... Pay it Forward... that's a bad movie set in Las Vegas, right?

Marta Szemik said...

You wanted to burn your manuscript too? (LOL)
Great blog Liz.
Happy Hopping.

Suzie F. said...

Yeah, I broke the rules too, by listing 4 instead of 3 blogs. We're such rebels! LOL!

Glad I hopped on over :)

Tracy Jo said...

Hi Liz, I am stopping by from the blogfest. Love what you wrote about the support here. I consider myself a newbie and am so thankful for the people I am connecting with through my blog. Awesome community!! Enjoy your weekend!

Patti said...

This is such a great blog fest.

Tara Tyler said...

nice ad for the fest =)
so many to see!

Trisha said...

I like your approach, Liz - and yeah, it would be impossible for me to narrow it down to just 3 bloggers, if I were participating!

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

I've never been all that big on rules either! Ha! It's a great blogfest. If I were able to blog more regularly these days, I would've loved to participate.

Alison Miller said...

So glad I found your blog on this blog hop! I was tempted to cheat too - so hard to limit it to three.

Have a great weekend!

JJ said...

I’m now following you from the Pay It Forward Blogfest.

Riya said...

Oh, I love this. Thanks for the links, I'm going hopping!

Talli Roland said...

It's a great idea, isn't it? I loved this blogfest!

Kristen Pelfrey said...

I'm still Paying It Forwrard! :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Liz, I couldn't agree with you more. Choosing three rom our favorites is impossible.

Nas Dean said...

Love this! And I like meeting new bloggers and reading all new blogs.

Thanks for the links!

Liz Fichera said...

Thank you to everyone who participated and left comments! I had fun hopping around the web this weekend. Met lots of new peeps too! Hope you did as well.