Friday, September 9, 2011

Up Is Down

This week has been a mishmash of sorts.  I'm still battling a cold that Craig and I have lovingly (insert sarcasm here) called "The Contagion."  It's definitely overstayed its welcome and has thrown a serious monkey wrench into the last four weeks of our life. 

Instead of writing in the afternoon and late into the night (my preference), I'm writing in the mornings because I start to lose energy around noon.  Instead of running, I've taken to watching some seriously fun daytime television.  Did you know that there are fabulous reruns of Rawhide and Hogan's Heroes in the middle of the day?  Seriously, those are two of my fave shows so that has been kind of fun.  Instead of reading 2-3 books a week, I've been reading closer to 5 because my own coughing hacking keeps me up at night.  I've been downloading e-books from my local public library like my life depends on it, which it kind of does.

All in all, I'd like life to get back to normal but it appears no amount of modern medicine, chicken broth, and hot tea can battle this cold.  It's just gonna leave when it's good and ready.  Hope you don't catch what I have.  And to those of you participating in Rachael Harrie's First Campaign Challenge, I've had to sit this one out but look forward to getting around and reading some of the entries.

Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

Manzanita said...

I hope you recover from your summer cold. They are the worst. Saw your name at the bloghop.
Manzanita@Wannabuyaduck

DEZMOND said...

hope you'll feel better soon, Liz :(
Drink lots of squeezed oranges, lemons and tangerines sweetened with lots of honey every day. And drink lots of green tea since it is the biggest antioxidant.

raelynbarclay said...

You'll have tons to read when you got around to it...it's amazing the the different takes every one had on the challenge!

Feel better soon Liz!

Karen Walker said...

Liz, hope you feel better soon. Four weeks is a long time for a cold to hang on. Take good care of yourself.
Karen

Isis Rushdan said...

Hope you feel better! At least you get to read great books and watch fun reruns without feeling guilty :).

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

My hubby used to have a hunting buddy who swore by his never-fail cure for the common cold. (Of course, he swore about a lot of things.) Anyway, he drank dill pickle juice mixed with Jack Daniels. Just thinking about it would make any cold I ever had head for the hills, but that's the concoction he used to get rid of whatever ailed him.

Steph Schmidt said...

Have you tried dusting the top of the door frame? Sounds bizarre but it's my Great-Granny's fail proof way to feel better when a cold won't leave.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I didn't do the first challenge either - too busy with the Insecure Writer's Support Group launch this week. And threaten that cold that you're going to go all Ninja on it!

Angelina Rain said...

Oh no, I hope you feel better.

I miss those days when I used to read 2-3 books a week. Now it takes me up to a month to just read one book.

LD Masterson said...

Old reruns of Wagon Train and Have Gun - Will Travel are in there somewhere, too. Stumbled over them the other day.

Hope you feel better soon.

Tara Tyler said...

the season justvstarted! hope you get better soon!

cherie said...

Oh no! Sorry you're sick. :( I hope you feel better soon.

<3

Trisha said...

Liz, I'm so sorry to hear you're unwell! Hooray for reading more books and watching more daytime TV, but not for the rest! I'm sure your life will get back on its proper track soon enough.

Sarah Pearson said...

Awww get well soon. On the bright side, at least you get to read more, and watch TV without feeling guilty :-)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Oh, Liz,

I hope you feel better ASAP... Colds suck. At least you are reading and using your down time well...

I've missed dropping by. I've been vacationing in Canada for almost two weeks. Now I am back to the shores of Lake Michigan and the impending cold weather. Summer is definitely over here.

If you feel like a visit to French Canada, I've posted lots of pics to escape....

Have a healing weekend.

Crystal Cheverie said...

Aww, feel better!!