Friday, September 30, 2011

Fall T.V. Line-Up

Other than massive amounts of football, my DVR has been working overtime this season which is pretty unusual for my husband and me.  Normally there aren't too many new shows that catch our attention as we both prefer to read or watch Seinfeld reruns. 

This season, we were most excited about Terra Nova and watched the premiere last night.  It's about people from the future who travel back through a time stream to a Jurassic Park-like place to survive.  Sadly, the premiere left us feeling pretty ho-hum, a drawback to getting your hopes up too high.  We were so hoping it would fill the void left by Lost, the last show which we totally and completely loved and adored.  We do plan to give Terra Nova another chance to redeem itself before we decide to follow it or not. 

Of course I'm back to watching Hawaii Five-0.  I  loved that show last season for lots of reasons the biggest, of course, having everything to do with Alex O' Loughlin.   Alex O'Loughlin.  Alex O'Louglin.  Did I say Alex O'Loughlin??  :) I have stopped watching Castle, though.  The storyline and romantic angle started to grate on my nerves and don't get me started on Castle's perfect kid. 

It looks like zombies and aliens are big this season, dark and scary.  I kind of like that. 

What's on your radar for this season?  Any other shows I should check out?

12 comments:

Joanne said...

I'm not a big tv watcher, so really couldn't suggest anything. I put it on here and there at the end of the day to just unwind, but don't really follow any one show.

Sarah Pearson said...

Somebody posted a link to new show Once Upon a Time. From there I watched ones for Grimm, Alcatraz and Awake. They all look like possibilities although I'll only end up watching one of them. A couple of them will be mid-season replacements, so I guess that means next year.

Pat Hatt said...

Torch with Jack Bauer may be okay, although who knows. Terra Nova was quite a let down, hopefully it gets better.

I'll still stick with Chuck and the Walking Dead though.

Steph Schmidt said...

If Pan Am doesn't keep up the random flashbacks I think it might turn into a decent 1-2 season show. A period spy thriller is something I've been craving for.

Otherwise, there's Downton Abbey on PBS Masterpiece. British imports usually don't disappoint.

LD Masterson said...

I've tried a couple episodes of Unforgettable. Might be worth watching.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I felt the same way about Terra Nova. I'll give it a few more tries.
New season of Psych starts soon!

Tara Tyler said...

tv people are trying too hard. i tried the 2 new "girl" shows and couldnt sit through them! cliches and one liners and predictable forced comedy. ugh!

i will stick w/reliable amazing race, survivor and millionaire matchmaker (guilty pleasure!)

Randy said...

Actually, I liked Terra Nova. That and Falling Skies have been the two bright points for me with the new shows that have come out this year. My wife and I laughed almost constantly at New Girl. We watched Person Of Interest and think it was worth watching a couple more episodes to see how it develops. We're normally fans of Castle, but I haven't been very happy with this season so far.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Nothing seems to catch my eye these days Liz. I'd rather read, blog, or write.

Have a great weekend.

Deniz Bevan said...

I don't really watch new stuff either... But I've got a head over heels procrastination-y obsession with watching the Turkish series Muhtesem Yuzyil (Magnificent Century) because it takes place c. 50 years after the time period of my novel... It's research, I swear!

James Garcia Jr said...

Sadly I am in bed too early to watch much television. It's that darn 3:00 am alarm.
At our house, it's Frasier re-runs.

-Jimmy

Marianne Arkins said...

I wanted to try "Unforgettable" but ... ha... in a moment of irony, I keep forgetting.

There's another show that looked interesting: "A Gifted Man"? I might try that.

Sorry to hear "Terra Nova" wasn't so great (I've heard that from a bunch of folks).

Have a great Monday!