Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reminder: WriteOnCon is Happening This Week

Don't forget that the annual online writer's conference is happening this week.  While it's geared for kidlit authors, there's plenty to interest writers in any genre.

Click here for the full schedule and links.  The cool thing? You can watch, listen and learn on your own schedule, in your pajamas, if you want. :-)

There was a really excellent vlog yesterday from Holly Root, Molly O’Neill and Martha Mihalick entitled "Myths and Misconceptions."  I also watched Sara Zarr in a vlog on pacing that I thought was particularly helpful and interesting.  Another by Beth Revis on success versus failure was absolutely inspiring.

Lots of truly great writing advice in one convenient spot.  And what cool peeps for putting this together! Definitely worth your time.  Check it out!

8 comments:

Karen Walker said...

Liz, is your book available in print format?
Karen

Michael Di Gesu said...

It is so cool. I plan to spend some time there today!

Liz Fichera said...

@Karen: No, it is digital only.

@Michael: Some really good vlogs today! I just watched one on debut authors. Very helpful.

Angela Felsted said...

Thanks for the reminder. Mostly I've been checking out the vlogs.

Isis Rushdan said...

Thanks for spreading the word on this. I'm heading over now.

Kittie Howard said...

Ohhhh, but I've gotta catch up...having said that, I didn't want "Captive Spirit" to end - just wanted to lie back and read and read - so will definitely read your latest!!!

Tara Tyler said...

thanks for reminding me! its awesome to get all that info from my couch =)

LD Masterson said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'm heading there tomorrow. (Or should that be later today?)