Monday, August 8, 2011

Brilliantly Lame Vacay Observations

I'm back from vacation and I'm still basking in that vacation glow where you really don't believe you'll have to return to Reality until finally you do. 

I tried to unplug and I was (mostly) successful.  It only took me three days to stop obsessively checking email and Twitter. 

I had a blast with The Fam.  And while I was on the plane returning home reflecting on the Awesome Vacation, I jotted these down:

10.  No matter what amazing things you do or where you go, teenagers will check for text messages the minute something ends (many times, during).

9.  There's no better place to read a book than on the beach.  (And I read a bunch of great ones!)

8.  Ice cream at midnight should be a world-wide vacation requirement.

7.  Removing all traces of sand from a suitcase is impossible.

6.  I can't play enough Scrabble.

5.  I always forget Kleenex on the airplane, despite reminding myself repeatedly to bring some the last time I flew.

4.  Once anyone has been upgraded to First-Class, there should be a constitutional amendment that you can never fly Coach again.  Ever.

3.  All adult beverages on any vacation should come with tiny pink happy umbrellas.

2.  Somehow waiting for a table for a restaurant while on vacation is never painful.

1.  Time spent with family? Priceless.

And I miss my sister already. 

Anyone else on vacation last week?  Bonus question: Did I miss anything cool?
  

16 comments:

DEZMOND said...

ah, look at you flying first class and eating icecream at midnight :P

Angelina Rain said...

Glad you had a great vacation.

Talli Roland said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I hear you on the Kleenex. I hate being caught on a plane without some!

Karen Walker said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time, Liz. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a family reunion and am definitely unplugging.
Karen

J.L. Campbell said...

Sounds like you had a heavenly vacay.

Pauline Barclay said...

Sounds like you had a fabby time and you are right, ice cream at midnight is obligatory on holiday!
Oh and yes, yesterday I started reading your book, Craving Perfection.... yay! Welcome back x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I've heard cruise ships offer ice cream around the clock! And sand gets into everything, doesn't it?

Carol Riggs said...

Ah, so nice to bask in that vacay glow--glad you HAD a vacation! Ha, on the teens checking for text messages. ;o) Have a great week!

LTM said...

aww! That sounds amazing. I love being at the beach~ :o) Also, sand never comes completely out of the backseat of the car--yay! <3

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I can never play enough Scrabble! Addicting, isn't it?

cherie said...

I am jealous. I want to read books while hanging out at the beach, sipping fancy drinks with happy pink umbrellas, and flying first class on the way and back.

Btw, I so agree with you: it should be illegal to fly coach after flying in first class. ;)

Glad you had a great vacation!!

Twimom227 said...

I LOVE this... which all my vacations went that well! Welcome home.

Tara Tyler said...

great and noteworthy observations! a+

Michael Di Gesu said...

Sounds like you had a blast Liz.

I hope to see here in October. I'm glad you had such an awesome time.

My vacay is in a few weeks. Niagara Falls, Montreal, and Quebec City. I can't wait!

Welcome home .... We've missed you.

Angie Paxton said...

It sounds like an amazing vacation. I'm a bit green with envy.

Donna Cummings said...

That sounds like an absolutely perfect vacation. :)