Monday, August 8, 2011
Brilliantly Lame Vacay Observations
I tried to unplug and I was (mostly) successful. It only took me three days to stop obsessively checking email and Twitter.
I had a blast with The Fam. And while I was on the plane returning home reflecting on the Awesome Vacation, I jotted these down:
10. No matter what amazing things you do or where you go, teenagers will check for text messages the minute something ends (many times, during).
9. There's no better place to read a book than on the beach. (And I read a bunch of great ones!)
8. Ice cream at midnight should be a world-wide vacation requirement.
7. Removing all traces of sand from a suitcase is impossible.
6. I can't play enough Scrabble.
5. I always forget Kleenex on the airplane, despite reminding myself repeatedly to bring some the last time I flew.
4. Once anyone has been upgraded to First-Class, there should be a constitutional amendment that you can never fly Coach again. Ever.
3. All adult beverages on any vacation should come with tiny pink happy umbrellas.
2. Somehow waiting for a table for a restaurant while on vacation is never painful.
1. Time spent with family? Priceless.
And I miss my sister already.
Anyone else on vacation last week? Bonus question: Did I miss anything cool?