Friday, July 22, 2011

What Not To Wear

Full confession.  I am not a good shopper, especially when it comes to clothes.  Truthfully, I would be quite happy living the rest of my life in bluejeans and a t-shirt.  Whenever I'm clothes shopping, I'm always mindful that there are about 1,976,243 things I'd rather be doing and those things usually center around writing or reading.  But even though I don't really like clothes shopping, I make an exception when it comes to the following: purses, shoes, and scarves.   

Yes, scarves. 

And I am not a 90-year old lady but for some weird reason I'm drawn to scarves--all colors, materials, textures.  In fact, the brighter the colors, the better.  And I don't wear them on my head either, not like a dorky rain cap or anything.  I like them around my neck and around my shoulders.  I figure I must have some unresolved textile issues from a prior life. 

Anyway, I'm planning my first Vlog for Monday! *and the crowd goes wild* (That is, if I can figure out how to work my new super cool video camera).  And I'll be wearing one of my fave scarves.  It's one of the ones in that picture in the corner.  Can you guess which one?  By the way, that's only a photo of one drawer of scarves.  There are more.  Lots more.

Monday, Craving Perfect releases, in case you didn't hear me the last 1001 times I said it.  As you can tell, I'm not the least bit excited.

Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

Colette said...

I'm hoping you wear one of the colorful ones. Oh heck, wear two or three together!

Talli Roland said...

Yay! Can't wait for your vlog, Liz!

Cold As Heaven said...

I hate shopping, and do it very simple when it comes to clothing. I only wear black; black jeans, black t-shirts (sometimes with a heavy metal print), black shirts and black suits. Tie? Never.

Can't wait to see your vlog >:)

Cold As Heaven

Karen Walker said...

Liz, that is so exciting about Craving Perfect's release. Can't wait to buy it. I don't enjoy shopping either, but for some reason, I love buying new bags. Looking forward to the vlog.
Karen

cherie said...

I don't like shopping either. It gives me a headache. Plus, I'm so not a fashionista. Like you, I'd be content with jeans and a tee.

Congrats on Craving Perfect's release day! :)

Elise Warner said...

If I don't find the article I want right away, the day is lost. glad I'm not alone. Looking forward to your vlog.

Amy Jarecki said...

I like hats - I collect antique hats and wear them to dog shows. It's amazing how many compliments I get :-)

KarenG said...

I'm with you on purses and shoes, I can never have enough! But scarves look awful on me, so I avoid them.

Danette said...

I am there with you! I SOOO hate shopping. If I need clothes, I find a pair of pants or a shirt that I like in as short of time as possible and then I buy two if I can so that I don't have to go to anymore places.

Scarfs are great! I wish I had one -- actually I should put that on my wishlist!
Can't wait to see the Vlog!!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Monday will be a big day for you! And I hate clothes shopping with a passion.

Murees Dupé said...

I hate shopping too and I agree, scarves and purses are the exception.
I am a jeans and t-shirt girl myself.

James Garcia Jr said...

Very cool! I have done a couple Vlogs, too, and I look forward to yours.
Have a great (cool) weekend.

-Jimmy

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm excited for you about the book.

Scarves are a nice way to dress up an outfit. I envy people who can put a scarf on and look put together.

Su said...

I love scarves, too, but I'm not very good at wearing them. :/ They look great on other people!

Deniz Bevan said...

Same as me! I don't mind clothes shopping in quick bursts, but can't be bothered trying things on or anything. Scarves are perfect for that. And they're oh so tempting...

Nas Dean said...

Waiting to see you with full scarf glory on your VBlog!

Pk Hrezo said...

Yay! See ya on Monday!It's a celebration!

Glynis said...

Well what do you know...I HATE clothes shopping. DH cannot understand me. I am a woman, I should shop 'til I drop.

I live in jeans and T shirt with a scarf draped around in the autumn/winter months. And shorts and T shirt in summer (no scarf).