Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Book Cover Trivia

Last week I promised a little book cover trivia, something I hadn't really shared with anyone about my latest book cover. 

So, two things happened when the cool people at Carina Press showed me the book cover for Craving Perfect: 

1) I absolutely loved it. 
2) I couldn't stop looking at the cover model.  Because she looked very familiar.

Hmmmm.

About sixty seconds after receiving the book cover, I emailed it to my sister Mary like I do with most anything when it comes to my books.  I wanted to get her take on the whole concept.  I also wanted to see if it hit some of the same emotional buttons for her as it did for me. 
The first thing Mary said about the cover was, "Is that Kathy?!"

Kathy is our sister.  And the model on the cover looks freakishly like her.  No kidding.  It's kind of spooky.  Someone (Probably someone who writes lots of paranormal) once said that everyone in the Universe has a twin somewhere.  Like that Twilight Zone episode with a young Martin Milner who starts running after his twin who's in the other dimension outside the bus depot. 

Well, I'm here to tell you that the model on Craving Perfect could be my sister's twin.  And if her name happens to be Kathy, I would be seriously freaked out. 
What are the chances of that?! Weird, huh?  Maybe the model will friend me on Facebook like the model for Captive Spirit did. That would be totally cool.

I suppose if you have a twin in the Universe, seeing him or her on a book cover isn't so bad.

20 comments:

Colette said...

That IS a great cover. Have you asked your sister Kathy if it's her?

Liz Fichera said...

Oh, it isn't my sis. But I swear these two could be twins.

Karen Walker said...

That's really amazing, Liz. You and your sister are both gorgeous.
Karen

Liz Fichera said...

Karen, While that may be true of my little sister, you are WAY too kind when it comes to me. :-) But I thank you.

gaylene said...

That's very cool (and weird)!
I had a friend living in Mexico who said I had a Mexican twin who looked and talked and even laughed like me! I wish I could have met her :)

Angelina Rain said...

That is so cool Liz. To me, the cover model looks like some actress I've seen in some movie, but I can't think of what it is.


Wow, the cover model for Captive Spirit friended you? That's so cool.


I heard that everyone has a twin. Whenever I go to Subway, one of the emplyees constantly reminds me that they have another client who looks just like me.

Sherri said...

I love the cover and that's a cool story.

It's still surprising to me when I see one of my sister's old ads (she did some modeling in high school)...there's that moment of "hey, she looks familiar" before it clicks "oh, it's Debbie" LOL

Liz Fichera said...

@Gaylene: Oh, cool! Wouldn't it be fun if you could meet some day??

@Angelina: Wonder what would happen if you both showed up at the same time at the Subway? Very TWILIGHT ZONEish. :-)

@Sherri: You should post some pics!

Deniz Bevan said...

Neat, Liz! Bet that's a good luck charm, having your sister's twin on the cover of your book :-)

Sarah said...

What a neat bit of trivia! And that is an awesome cover.

Trisha said...

No wonder she looked familiar! hehe

Liz Fichera said...

@Deniz: I hope you are right! That would be wonderful. For sure.

@Sarah: Glad you enjoyed.

@Trisha: It took a while to get used to too, even though I loved it.

Madeline Bartos said...

Love the cover! It's funny because the boy on the front of U2's Best of 1980-1990 CD looks just like my little brother. The idea of having a look alike is freaky!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Love the cover... It fits the story perfectly.

Yes, we all have a twin... I have like five. In almost every place I live someone keeps telling me about "this guy" who looks exactly like me. HA.... too funny.

Nas Dean said...

Hi Liz,

It's an amazing coincidence, google her and try to connect.

Angela Felsted said...

You sister must be really pretty, just like you.

Liz Fichera said...

@Madeline:That is pretty cool! What guy doesn't want to look like a rock star?? Especially the cute ones. ;-) Cool.

@Michael: I have friends who get that a lot too.

@Nas: I just wish I knew her name. Now I'm looking at advertising ads more carefully, hoping.

@Angela: *blushes* My sister is the one, really. Thank you, girlfriend.

Cinette said...

I love the cover; and congrats on the new book!

Liz Fichera said...

Thank you, Cinette! Great to hear from you too! It's been a while. I must visit your blog soon.

J.L. Campbell said...

That is indeed something of a coincidence. You got a winner of a cover, but of course, you know that. :)