Friday, June 24, 2011

Standing in the Middle of a Crowded Room, Naked

Well, it's started again.  It's simultaneously exciting and traumatizing.  I'm talking about book reviews.

Carina Press has released Craving Perfect to NetGalley and I've given away a bunch of advanced review copies too.  The reviews have started coming in for my baby. 

And just like when Captive Spirit was released into the big, wide Universe, it still feels a lot like standing in the middle of a crowded room, naked.  You wonder: Will people point and laugh? Will they say nice things?  Will they make jokes behind their hands, whispering and chuckling?!  And please, dear gawd, will they get my story?!! The anticipation alone of waiting for reviews makes your heart feel like it could beat its way through your ribcage and out of your chest.

So far, so good.

And so far, I'd like to give a shout-out to the following cool peeps for their support and kind words about Craving Perfect on Goodreads, Twitter, Facebook, the blogosphere in general.  In no particular order but with plenty of hugs and love, they are:

Deniz Bevan
Kittie Howard
Nas Dean
Talli Roland
Heather Gardner
Judy Kobrzycki
Dorthy Neumiller
Susanna Ives
Darci Lenker
Angelina Rain
Sherri Meyer
Trisha Kiefer
Jo Kenrick
Monica VanBeekum
Shirley Wells
JB Lynn

Next week the 30-day countdown for Craving Perfect  begins.  This book has been such a long time coming and I'm so ready to party.  Like most books, there's a story behind the story and I'll share more in the weeks that follow.  Some of it may surprise you but one thing is for certain: Getting this puppy published wasn't easy.

Thanks for another great week in the blogosphere.  Have a wonderful weekend, all!

18 comments:

Lizz said...

Don't know what it feels like yet but I hope to one day! Congrats on the book and all the good reviews!!!

Karen Walker said...

Liz, so happy for you. I will be happy to help you promote your book in any way I can on my blog. Just let me know what I can do once it's out.
Karen

Angelina Rain said...

Congrats Liz! You are getting such great reviews. I'm sure the book will do great when it comes out.

Angelina Rain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina Blechman said...

Congratulations! How could anyone dare to say not nice things about you! :-)

<3 Gina Blechman

Deniz Bevan said...

Congratulations Liz! I hope you have a great month long party :-)

JoAnne Kenrick said...

hugs n love right back at ya! Good luck getting through those gut wrenching moments of pre-release! Reckon it will all be worth it, though, when those fab reviews come in and readers email you thanks for the hours of pleasure you've given them! Craving Perfect sounds perfectly delicious -- the perfect beach read :) Wishing you heaps of success with it, Liz xxx

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a great list of supporters! I think it's more difficult with a second book, because expectations are higher. I know I'm more worried!

cherie said...

Congrats and goodluck! You'll do fine. ;)

Sarah said...

Looking forward to hearing more about the story behind Craving Perfect, and congratulations on your upcoming release and the good reviews!!

DEZMOND said...

well you really got me fooled with the title of the post :)
Congrats on the book!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats on the successful reviews. Mine is coming soon, I promise. I first need to edit the last 30 pages of BG.

Heather M. Gardner said...

So excited for you! I know everyone will love it! It was so much fun.
I'll continue to plug it and I've got an 'in' at our local library system. I'll be sending them a book suggestion!
Enjoy the ride!
HMG

Liz Fichera said...

Thank you for the cool comments! Appreciate you so much.

Glynis said...

Good luck and remember to breathe! :)

Nas Dean said...

Looking dorward to hearing the story behind the story of Carlos and the treadmill!

Congrats on the release and all the good reviews!

Nas Dean said...

Looking dorward to hearing the story behind the story of Carlos and the treadmill!

Congrats on the release and all the good reviews!

Nas Dean said...

Looking dorward to hearing the story behind the story of Carlos and the treadmill!

Congrats on the release and all the good reviews!